Can you take a rooster out a flock?

FC16

Songster
Jun 1, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK 🇬🇧
So recently my rooster turned very aggressive. After many attempts to calm him down and train him to not attack people I’ve come to the decision that I can no longer look after him. It’s a hard decision to make but none of us can walk into the garden without being brutally attacked and I don’t have the time to tame him☹️ I’ve found a home for him to go to with a flock of hens who are looking for a rooster and he will be taken good care of. My only worry is what affect it will have on my hens, I don’t intend on getting another rooster at the moment. Will my hens be okay? How will they react? Thanks

They will be fine; will you notice the change of flock dynamics after he's gone and let us know? You are doing the right thing in the circumstances.
So yesterday the rooster went, I made sure to sit with my hens a lot for the rest of the day and give them extra treats. Today they seem fine if I’m honest, like nothings happened at all. I’m just curious now to see who will be top of the pecking order! 😁

So recently my rooster turned very aggressive. After many attempts to calm him down and train him to not attack people I’ve come to the decision that I can no longer look after him. It’s a hard decision to make but none of us can walk into the garden without being brutally attacked and I don’t have the time to tame him☹️ I’ve found a home for him to go to with a flock of hens who are looking for a rooster and he will be taken good care of. My only worry is what affect it will have on my hens, I don’t intend on getting another rooster at the moment. Will my hens be okay? How will they react? Thanks
Zero impact to your hens.

Back
Top Bottom