Kathrynben

Hatching
Feb 20, 2021
I have a chick that's about 2 days old. She can't stand up and she just face-plants and scoots around. The other chicks were trampling her so we took her inside with a heat lamp. She can walk, but only with assistance. She also won't eat or drink by herself, we put a little bit of yolk or water on the tip of her beak and she swallows, though. When she breathes, there's like a small little ticking sound. We're doing everything we can, her body is pretty weak, but you can tell she's fighting for it. She has a very strong will to live.

Do you have electrolyte mix or Sav-a-Chick? I would start with that. Dip her beak into it and see if she will drink a little on her own. Have you seen her eating and drinking? I know she's tiny but is something possibly stuck in her trachea?
Also check her butt to make sure her vent isn't blocked by dried stuck poop (Pasty Butt)

If it sounds more respiratory I would start an antibiotic.

I have a chick that's about 2 days old. She can't stand up and she just face-plants and scoots around. The other chicks were trampling her so we took her inside with a heat lamp. She can walk, but only with assistance. She also won't eat or drink by herself, we put a little bit of yolk or water on the tip of her beak and she swallows, though. When she breathes, there's like a small little ticking sound. We're doing everything we can, her body is pretty weak, but you can tell she's fighting for it. She has a very strong will to live.
im so sorry. i honestly think it would be best to let her go.
you dont want her to be in any more pain.
😔🤚

Back
Top Bottom