Chick is sick, listlessness and liquid stool

Itsanhonourservingyou

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 27, 2018
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-25 at 17.33.12 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-25 at 17.33.12 (1).jpeg

I'm sorry if I'm not following the proper protocols of this website but here's the history. I bought 3 chicks 2.5 weeks ago. First one of them got sick, similar symptoms, diarrhea and listlessness. Stopped eating. Then the other one got sick. Also had diarrhea and listlessness. Now this one is sick as well. Have similar symptoms. Attached is the most recent stool it had. The prior 2 had also stopped eating and drinking and this one stopped as well. Interesting thing to note that all were fine one night before, and suddenly developed symptoms in the morning. Really need help ASAP.

Poor things!

What are you feeding them?
Where do you keep them and do they have heat source?
How do their butts look? Do you see caked poop?

Poor thing!

What are you feeding them?
Where do you keep them and do they have heat source?
How do their butts look? Do you see caked poop?
Small pieces of Vegetables like boiled potato, raw tomatoes but mainly they were given pearl millets (bajra). I was keeping them together in a shoe box with holes for ventilation and no heat source. I live in a warm climate so thought there's no need. As for the butt, it looks like whitish (bits of poop stuck on feathers) same color as the poop.

Small pieces of Vegetables like boiled potato, raw tomatoes but mainly they were given pearl millets (bajra). I was keeping them together in a shoe box with holes for ventilation and no heat source. I live in a warm climate so thought there's no need. As for the butt, it looks like whitish (bits of poop stuck on feathers) same color as the poop.
Are you feeding them chicken feed? Or do they have access to grit? If not I would provide both of those this for it and mabye add some water to the food to make it more appealing for the chick if it doesn’t want to eat😊

They might suffer from coccidiosis which can be treated using Amprolium/Corid in their drinking water for 5-7 consecutive days.
They need proper chick starter feed free choice with at least 20% protein or scrambled eggs, curd cheese or similar for animal protein. You can mix it with corn meal or fine oat meal or field pea meal in case you cannot purchase balanced chicken feed.
They need to have access to sand or granite grit to be able to process the feed you are giving. Without sand/grit they cannot digest it.

I dont think it wants to eat anything anymore. I'll try. It has gone very weak. Having trouble keeping its balance and falls easily.
Are you feeding them chicken feed? Or do they have access to grit? If not I would provide both of those this for it and mabye add some water to the food to make it more appealing for the chick if it doesn’t want to eat😊

They might suffer from coccidiosis which can be treated using Amprolium/Corid in their drinking water for 5-7 consecutive days.

They need proper chick starter feed free choice with at least 20% protein or scrambled eggs, curd cheese or similar for animal protein. You can mix it with corn meal or fine oat meal or field pea meal in case you cannot purchase balanced chicken feed.
They need to have access to sand or granite grit to be able to process the feed you are giving. Without sand/grit they cannot digest it.
I'll try giving it water with this. Thank you!

A shoe boc is not the right place to raise chicks in as they need to be able to run around chasing bugs and get fresh air and sunshine

Back
Top Bottom