Chick Name Competition

My favorite name in our current flock is our KR ( Kindergarten Rescue!) hen, GinnyRon. As a random Kindergarten egg hatch we had no idea what breed she'd be, other than "Big," We had bantams ... of course, right?
Well, all we knew was that this chick was a redhead,so we named "it" after the most famous redheads in our house, Ginny and Ron Weasley. Since we weren't sure, we used the combination name of "GinnyRon." For some reason, it stuck, so GinnyRon, a New Hampshire Red and her KC partner, a Black Jersey Giant named Siri (short for Sirius Black) are now a regular part of my tiny Nankin flock. Next to my 26 oz Nanny hens, Siri is a moose, but she's a gentle giant and both she and GinnyRon fit in just beautifully!

My fowl names... past and present
BUBBIE- THE LOVELIEST BARRED ROCK EVER!
HELEN BLACK SEX LINK- NAMED AFTER MY STILL LIVING MOM LIVED 9 YEARS!
DAISY RED SEX LINK
NOODLE BIG OLE BRAHMA ROO, HAD TO TRADE HIM.
DOROTHY BIG OLE RIR NICK NAME BIG DOOR, BIG OLE DOOR
CORNFLAKE- CHANGED TO MAIZEY ;D LEGHORN MIX
LUCY- MIX RIR ? ANSWERS TO LOOOO
Love these names ❤️❤️

We've had a few flocks, and we usually name in themes which I find to be helpful and fun.

Pasta Pals: Ditalini (Dita for short), Rigatoni (Tony for short), Henne Penne and Farfalle (Felly)
Flower Power: Daisy, Bluebell, Poppy, Clover and Lily
All-stars: Sol, Luna, Cosmo, Star and Apollo

Other random ones we've had: Blackberry, Huck, Finn, Queenie, Big Chungus and Charlotte/Chuck.

Good luck finding the perfect names for your new hatch!

Here are my chickens’ names:
Cholla, Vera, Lantana, Dorothy (ISA Browns), Jenny (Buff bantam Cochin), Ruby, Topaz, Garnet (Rhode Island Reds), Tucson, Fayed, Holly (White Leghorns), Onyx, Obsidian, Ebony (Barred Rocks), and Liberty (Americana).

Chickens I have had names for: Romeo (Buff Orp roo), Heihei (Gold laced bantam Cochin roo), Minibar (Barred bantam Cochin roo), S’more (RIR roo), Juliette (Buff Orp), Blanca (WL), Wheelbarrow and Marigold (RIR), Chicken Nugget and Kitten Finnigan or Henrietta (ISA Browns), Estrella and Jemima (Black Australorps).

Ducks: Sunshine (Sunny) the Pekin and Da Vinci the White Crested.

I’ll try to think of some more later!
So cute!! Your chickens have such nice names! I’m sure one of my chicks will be named after yours!!! ❤️

Names I like : Tundra, Ivory, Avalanche, Glacier, Cloud, Storm, Rain, Thunder, Jasper, Jade, Shadow, Blossom, Daisy, Jasmine, Elidi, (gift of the sun, in Greek)
Blizzard, Flurry, Snow, Misty, Dewdrop, Eclipse, and Star.

My chicks’ names:
E86B409C-748B-4B47-B588-78703B0F2047.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom