Chick who needs a chance, broken and set leg

Lilducks3624

Hatching
Apr 20, 2018
so I have a chick I have named Penny who somehow broke her leg (and it quickly set) which I didn’t notice her until some time later... I’ve since taken her inside, put her in a sling, and koban wrapped her legs to try and retrain them... it’s been almost over two weeks and no improvement in the slightest... I can’t bring myself to put her out of her misery, but I also can’t afford a surgical fix or to further care for her and keep her in my home (lots of other babies to care for). I feel like I’ve given it the fair try... Does anyone here either know if a rescue that could maybe help her in NC or would anyone like to take her and further try with her? I ordered her online and she is supposed to be a Brahma (though I honk otherwise). She’s 2-3 months old.

Once the break is healed, it cannot be "retrained". The only way to fix it would be to rebreak, and reset it. I would NOT recommend that you try this at home. If the chick is getting around ok, and healthy otherwise, why is it a problem?

Once the break is healed, it cannot be "retrained". The only way to fix it would be to rebreak, and reset it. I would NOT recommend that you try this at home. If the chick is getting around ok, and healthy otherwise, why is it a problem?
I would never do that myself. That is why I’m trying to find her a home that can do surgery or maybe a rescue. She does not get around well but is healthy and eating otherwise. Wasn’t even sure if it was a break or severe splay leg, that’s why I tried. She’s in a sling which is the only way she’s comfortable and upright. She doesn’t walk or lay well.

Back
Top Bottom