Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
These are 2 sex linked hens I hatched this spring and I couldn’t be happier with how they’ve turned out.

Attachments

• 8BA5A243-EE58-4D9C-8120-44EEC23F46FA.jpeg
    8BA5A243-EE58-4D9C-8120-44EEC23F46FA.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 11
  • FD8B7B85-2BC9-4254-B819-E9D5C3234ED2.jpeg
    FD8B7B85-2BC9-4254-B819-E9D5C3234ED2.jpeg
    656.6 KB · Views: 12
Their short fluffy bodies make them look like chunky birds which is cute. Sorry your Partridge Wyandotte hens didn't survive. Have you checked EBay?
I haven't looked at EBay, and I wouldn't as it is to risky to get ripped off or not actually have a relationship with the breeder if something were to happen in shipping. There are plenty of breeders, it's just hard to find a way to get the birds up here. I did check out of curiosity and there weren't any:confused:

I haven't looked at EBay, and I wouldn't as it is to risky to get ripped off or not actually have a relationship with the breeder if something were to happen in shipping. There are plenty of breeders, it's just hard to find a way to get the birds up here. I did check out of curiosity and there weren't any:confused:
I haven't gotten ripped off by using EBay. Sorry they don't have what you were looking for.

My project for the upcoming years is to create camo eggs by breeding a Legbar over a Welsummer. Then, hopefully crossing some Australorp in to increase production.

The grandson is miffed cause I got a FCM for "chocolate" eggs for his older sister lol.
Camo eggs sound cool. You can call them Mint Chip eggs too.

One of my future projects is to make rainbow laying silkies.

Hello chicken peoples, I would like to hear your breeding projects for 2020?

My primary project is a barnyard breed/colour mix (for my own personal tastes) ..

A sebright / pekin cross.
And hopefully a citrone bird (at this stage I don't care which breed/type so am combining this into my sebright/pekin cross project)

The pekins have such a lovely nature but are a bit too broody for my preferences. The sebrights have always been my favourite, they're like modern day pterodactyls, owning their enclosure with attitude 10 times their actual size - but they're not a common breed here and finding good examples for purchase is tricky.

My current roo is my second gen product from this project. He has a decidedly sebright stature but a lovely calm and friendly temperament. This season I'm hatching all eggs produced by him and my silver sebright hen.
Rusty.jpg

The citrone aspect to this project is currently floundering - this rooster "may" contain the gene I am testing for but with my current stock it will be a very tall order to confirm. Sadly, due to some rather persistent predators, I've lost several birds that would have made this project a little more robust, so I'll wait to see how this seasons chicks turn out and make some new breeding stock purchases as appropriate ready for next season.

My second project would be more accurately described as a planned experiment. I'm aiming for a second barnyard breed/colour mix (for my own personal tastes) ..

I've got Lavender Araucana eggs in the incubator - due to hatch in two days. I would like to cross these next season with my sebright line. I'm not sure how this project will go - I expect mixing two breeds of significant size difference will have it's challenges - but since my current rooster breeds with a full sized hen now - I'm assuming he will be up to the challenge again next season LOL.
Lavender Araucana.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom