Chicken has soft eggs

Well all my hens seem to sneeze more often ever since I treated the yard with permathin and Diaotaceous Earth for lice. It used to be worse even before that but I once treated them for their breathing issues with amoxicillin and tylosin it was much better, especially for the hen.

Would calcium supplement help, she is still laying soft eggs. Is this disease fatal? Will my hen still be able to live a good life? She seems to be having a jolly time now and her poop still looks good.
If the soft eggs are due to a calcium deficiency, it can get better with layer feed and supplementing oyster shell. Giving human calcium with vitamin D about 600 mg daily for a few days can be done. If soft eggs are only laid by her, and she doesn’t get better after a week of calcium, then it may be a reproductive problem or shell gland issue.

If the soft eggs are due to a calcium deficiency, it can get better with layer feed and supplementing oyster shell. Giving human calcium with vitamin D about 600 mg daily for a few days can be done. If soft eggs are only laid by her, and she doesn’t get better after a week of calcium, then it may be a reproductive problem or shell gland issue.
I have a feeling it is a shell gland or reproductive problem, I hope she is able to keep happily living though.

Back
Top Bottom