Chicken with "swollen" eyes

Borax eye wash
Do you mean boric acid eye wash? Borax is not an eye wash and should never be used in the eye. Boric acid is a very dilute component of borax. Boric acid eye wash is considered to be toxic to infants so I would not recommend it for use in chickens.

Normal saline is available to flush eyes and is very safe. You can make your own by boiling 1 tsp of table salt in 2 cups of water. You may also use plain Neosporin or Terramycin eye ointment twice a day in the eye.

Can you see the eye inside the eyelids? I am just wondering if the eyeball has been pierced and is leaking vitreous fluid from inside.

I just got this chick from a local woman. She told me her eye was missing bc she was getting pecked at but upon closer inspection it's a swollen ball. I cleaned it with warm water. It hurts her for sure. I don't have vets around here that take in chickrns, any suggestions?
It would be best if you post a new thread of your own, since this thread is about another chicken, and we may get very confused on what chicken we are discussing. You can post your new thread here—just click on “post new thread”
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

Do you mean boric acid eye wash? Borax is not an eye wash and should never be used in the eye. Boric acid is a very dilute component of borax. Boric acid eye wash is considered to be toxic to infants so I would not recommend it for use in chickens.

Normal saline is available to flush eyes and is very safe. You can make your own by boiling 1 tsp of table salt in 2 cups of water. You may also use plain Neosporin or Terramycin eye ointment twice a day in the eye.

Can you see the eye inside the eyelids? I am just wondering if the eyeball has been pierced and is leaking vitreous fluid from inside.
I saw it briefly and its cloudy.

The eye is cloudy, i saw it for a split second.

Back
Top Bottom