Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

They should be okay, just keep an eye on them and don't give them anymore :)

Thanks again. I think they might be ok it was like half one this afternoon and its now ten to one at night and they are fast alseep and they was ok when they went to bed. Hope if not done anything bad to them. Do you know what things are a definate no no on what thay cant have. I would hate to give them something i shouldnt like today

Thanks again. I think they might be ok it was like half one this afternoon and its now ten to one at night and they are fast alseep and they was ok when they went to bed. Hope if not done anything bad to them. Do you know what things are a definate no no on what thay cant have. I would hate to give them something i shouldnt like today
there are many lists of non-chicken-safe foods out there on the Internet :) even here on BYC

Mine love oatmeal. My wife works at a nursing home, and although they are not allowed to take food out of the place, she has been given a formal ok to bring home left over breakfast oatmeal. The food service people have ice cream buckets that they simply dump the old oatmeal, cream of wheat, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs or French toast in. I warm it up in a pot (am I nuts, or what?), and with a potato masher mix it up. I then toss in a few cups of scratch grain and dump it out on the ground. They go nuts and love it. It saves me food $, prevents waste and they enjoy it.

My silkies don't seem to like what my other birds do but they ALL love watermelon. Lol.
In the desert some of their favorite treats are cold spaghetti and cold watermelon. I still give them bread and croutons, which they all love.
Cold cuts also go over very well ! They love all meat and leftover chicken cutlets seem to be their favorite....Go figure.

Based on the reviews I fed my 7 week old chickens yogurt and mealworms in addition to their greens and I think I created monsters! The gobbled it up in no time!!

Back
Top Bottom