Clean duck water and free food. Aquaponics Duckaponics

Im having a problem with vandalism. My Muscovy drakes are so big they have torn up everything Ive cover the greens with. You guys may want to consider putting the beds outside of the coop.
roll.png
I know the food is for them but I want to have a chance to grow a little. I get no respect around here!!!

Thank you for being so willing to share the information! This looks like a really really awesome set-up. I'm curious if anyone else ended up building a similar set-up since this was posted? Would love to see other variations! Like you mentioned deputychicken21 it would probably work best to put the beds on the outside of the fence. I would still have to cover them with mesh or my deer would enjoy the harvest. But I could see closing the beds in, and letting the ducks in once it was harvestable! :)

hey WVduckchick I am in WV as well and I am planning on doing a filter duckponic system as well in the next 2 months. this is my design for now. I am posting a pic of the ibc pond that will be used.

this is the pond now it is raised for easy draining. It has a hose hookup now so the dirty water is drained into the garden as fertilizer

I've been looking at this technique some and am finding that some suggest it is not safe for humans to eat the food from duckoponics growing, though feeding to the ducks and chickens is ok.
Is this info true or are you folks eating the lettuce, etc?

I've been looking at this technique some and am finding that some suggest it is not safe for humans to eat the food from duckoponics growing, though feeding to the ducks and chickens is ok. 
Is this info true or are you folks eating the lettuce, etc?

Hilarious! Evidently you found this thread already!!!

This is a very old thread.... I'm not sure if the original poster (op) is still an active member. I love this idea though...

Oh there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that duckaponics will work, the question is is the food raised in this unbuffered system safe for human consumption?

Back
Top Bottom