You can give the crushed egg shell with a little egg. Or you can give her Tums. Or give a human calcium tablet. Just pick 1 of those to get calcium into her. Egg shell is pure calcium, and the cooked egg yolk has vitamin D. Do not mix the Tums into egg because the Tums has a strong flavor. Give the Tums broken in two orally. Or give a human calcium tablet. Sorry for all of the confusion.

Glad that she passed the egg membrane and bits of shell.

Update. It's been over a week I believe and there has been no more discharge. The egg managed to come out and since then she has been acting normal running around again. I have provided more oyster shell and I believe she may be laying again. Thank you all so much for all the helpful information. GOD bless. CHRIST loves you. :)

It does look like egg material coming from her vent. Sometimes a hen will have a shell-less egg burst inside. Have you seen any signs of a membrane or shell? You might want to give her some extra calcium, in the form of a human calcium tablet, Tums, or a finely crushed whole egg shell and a little cooked egg. You can do that for several days to see if her egg shells improve.
I will get her some more oyster shell tomorrow. I ran out last week. Is there anything else i need to do besides get her oyster shell and pray?

Back
Top Bottom