Cloaca plugged - pictures in post

I never imagined I would say this but that is the best looking pile of chicken poo I have ever seen! And that bum is a wonderful sight, since now she's cleaned up, cleaned out & hopefully on the mend!

I am SO glad that she's doing better, happy that I was wrong & I am proud of you! Chicken Mom...take a bow! I swear that I don't believe a "real" Vet could be doing any better! Your girl obviously loves & trusts you. She's a champ, and what a difference this must make to her! At this point, can we see her pretty face & know her name?

This update is the best news of my day!

I never imagined I would say this but that is the best looking pile of chicken poo I have ever seen! And that bum is a wonderful sight, since now she's cleaned up, cleaned out & hopefully on the mend!

I am SO glad that she's doing better, happy that I was wrong & I am proud of you! Chicken Mom...take a bow! I swear that I don't believe a "real" Vet could be doing any better! Your girl obviously loves & trusts you. She's a champ, and what a difference this must make to her! At this point, can we see her pretty face & know her name?

This update is the best news of my day!
I was hoping you were wrong.
I hate to hurt my animals in the name of learning. I always try to help, they don’t always survive and I am learning to know when not to try, when it’s better to eurhanize to stop the suffering.

I can tell the difference when she is vocalizing because she is hurting, and when I clean her back side I never hear any complaint. Otherwise I would stop. Debridement can cause bleeding. If it bleeds it hurts. And yet she takes it without complaint so I help.

I kept the vet updated like I did here. She says she would have done the same thing, given that there is no vet nearby who would even talk to me about chickens, let alone see and treat one. The question is still to figure out why she got into this trouble. Chickens heal quite readily, so that’s good to hear.

We continue with the program. She
can poop normal poop now. I keep giving her the stool softener while the skin is healing.

There is some pink mucosa starting to show up. The bottom part is really tough to scrape off. Hopefully every day I can remove a bit more and eventually we can stop.

I took a picture of her in the tub when I was writing and she was checking what I was doing. Her name is Explorer 2.0 lol
My kids named her that because she always separated from the flock to come to the door, to the house, to see what I was doing when I was outside, and when I wasn’t she was discovering the places around the doors.

Here are today’s pictures:
388F915B-F120-4B39-B092-B930EC498C6B.jpeg

D8C9F787-DDDF-4DBF-8B48-084DF88E0B6D.jpeg
1A66586B-B168-4A43-9D6A-3CD3E6BE8D06.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom