• Fertilizer/Pest Control

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Therapy

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Other (please explain below)

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
Pics
That's cool! I'm trying to learn it a little bit...

It's a she. Guess a common cat name and you've probably said it... Shadow! :p

I use the 's' auto mode. (I honestly don't know what it stands for... maybe shutter speed?) It automatically focuses, but I adjust to shutter speed.

C'mon. Now I have to wait an hour for all my pictures to upload! (Just kidding, I like sharing them! :D) I think you may have seen them before, though. I haven't been able to get close enough to wildlife to get a decent one recently. With Spring basically here, I'm hoping to capture some of the migrating birds(specifically western tanangers).
View attachment 2556896
View attachment 2556900View attachment 2556903View attachment 2556905View attachment 2556910View attachment 2556917View attachment 2556920View attachment 2556921View attachment 2556922

(They actually uploaded pretty fast!)
I also have a Shadow cat! But he's a boy :p I think your Shadow is very pretty!

I don't think I even adjust the shutter speed. Spoiled with a nice camera over here! :lol:
Your photos are gorgeous!!! It seems like you get super close! I love all your juncos, especially since I mostly just see "Oregons" over here! I've not even in Oregon, so that seems a little unfair!
Well, thanks for the inspirayion. Maybe I'll test "manuel" a bit today!

I also have a Shadow cat! But he's a boy :p I think your Shadow is very pretty!
Oo, cool! There are so many Shadows!

I don't think I even adjust the shutter speed. Spoiled with a nice camera over here! :lol:
Thank you! I'm really spoiled with my camera, too! I think that on the normal auto focus mode you can adjust how much light you let in? I don't know, I always use the shutter speed mode.

Me trying my best at normal auto focus:
DSC_2360.JPG

Me trying with the shutter speed mode:
DSC_2358.JPG

It looks like you can adjust to lower light conditions with the mode I use and still have a sharp pic; the whole picture is darker, though(I can just edited the brightness on my phone).

Your photos are gorgeous!!! It seems like you get super close!
The answer to that is my 300 mm zoom lens(I think that's about six times closer than it actually is). Yet it's still hard for me to get close enough. :p I'm clumsy.

I love all your juncos, especially since I mostly just see "Oregons" over here! I've not even in Oregon, so that seems a little unfair!
I'm not sure of the type my juncos are, what do you think? I'm pretty sure I get lots of the Oregon ones, too, though.

Well, thanks for the inspirayion. Maybe I'll test "manuel" a bit today!

Lucky that your lens(es) can switch. :hit Heehee, I WANNA TRY MANUAL NOW, TOO! Lol.

Oo, cool! There are so many Shadows!

Thank you! I'm really spoiled with my camera, too! I think that on the normal auto focus mode you can adjust how much light you let in? I don't know, I always use the shutter speed mode.

Me trying my best at normal auto focus:
View attachment 2557762

Me trying with the shutter speed mode:
View attachment 2557763

It looks like you can adjust to lower light conditions with the mode I use and still have a sharp pic; the whole picture is darker, though(I can just edited the brightness on my phone).

The answer to that is my 300 mm zoom lens(I think that's about six times closer than it actually is). Yet it's still hard for me to get close enough. :p I'm clumsy.

I'm not sure of the type my juncos are, what do you think? I'm pretty sure I get lots of the Oregon ones, too, though.

Lucky that your lens(es) can switch. :hit Heehee, I WANNA TRY MANUAL NOW, TOO! Lol.
I never knew shutters affected it so much!

I think we all get a little clumsier when it is important to be quiet! :lol:

The bathing ones look like Oregons, and the other ones...maybe pink-sided or gray-backed? You could find out what is common in your area by using the "explore" feature on iNaturalist.org, it is more reliable than I am!

I have different settings on the top of my camera, so I don't have to switch lenses. I've tried it a bit, but it is confusing! I guess I just need a bit of instruction and some practice.

Back
Top Bottom