Colorado?

I have a lovely little Mille de Fleur roo that needs a home NOW! I am gonna get into HOA trouble and all I want for him is a good home. Let me know if you or anyone you know might give him a loving home.

Having to rehome a bantam roo who I was so hoping this morning that I was hearing the neighbors roo. But, alas I was wrong. Will post a picture. But looking in Colorado area I can take him to for a new home. He's a pretty guy.

This is a roo! Was hoping I was wrong till this early am. Needs to be in a place they allow roos. :(

Looking to re Home a few of my birds. They have become old enough to tell what
sex they are. White Amerucana is ready to go pullet. Have this bantam that would do well with a smaller size flock..

REd looking for a new home

Hey everyone. I have a 12 week old Ameraucana rooster (cockerel) that's in need of a new home. We're allowed to have hens but no roosters, as is common. We didn't mean to buy a rooster, but we knew it was a crapshoot whether we'd actually get a pullet. We've raised him from a little guy and he's just now showing off his rooster skills. He's pretty great, and we're sad to have to re-home him.

We live in Littleton, and we'd be willing to travel a good distance to find some place to keep him.

Does anyone know of any rescues?

We'd prefer re-homing the bird in a place that would allow him to live out his natural life, so we'd like to be sure he won't be fought or eaten. My wife and I have always raised our chickens as pets, so it's hard to imagine a chicken we raised would be mistreated. Eating chickens I understand, but not fighting them or putting them in terrible living situations.

I know it's tough to find a place. They're chickens, after all. Millions of them die every day to feed people. Why should this one be any different? We know it's kind of a long shot, but we want to try.

Alternatively, does anyone here want to take him in? If so, here's a bit more about him:

I can't say anything about his breeding, but I can guarantee that we've taken good care of all our chickens, this one included. We've never had a problem with diseases or mites and other parasites (knock on wood). The only death we've had was due to an animal attack -- she was otherwise perfectly healthy. He's never been fed hormones or antibiotics -- only good feed, vegetables, worms, and some supplements. He's completely healthy.

He's pretty docile, and he's very comfortable with humans -- we handled the little ones a lot and spent a bunch of time with them when they were younger.

I'd be willing to drive a pretty good distance to drop him off. Also, I know this isn't enough for the lifetime of the bird, but I'll buy a 50lb bag of grower feed for him.

Here are some pictures. He's a pretty one, too.

Hello everyone! My husband, son and I went on Vacation to Pagosa Springs a couple weeks ago, and now we will be moving to beautiful Colorado in June!! Yay!! Was wondering if anyone can help me learn the chicken laws of Colorado, lol

Hello from (hopefully) the Denver area!

My husband and I are looking for a free-standing rural rental home/farm in the vicinity of Denver/Littleton. My husband is an aerospace engineer who just got his dream job in the Denver area. I work in animal science. We are also homesteaders.

If any of you good folks knows of a place that would accept a dog, cats, ducks, and geese and has room for a large garden, would you drop me a line?

A little bit more about us:

--We have excellent credit and excellent references
--We do not smoke
--We garden like crazy, and would be more than happy to share produce (and eggs) with our landlord
--We also make chocolate, and would be happy to share that, too

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom