Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Quote:
6 out of 6 is not uncommon, now 60 out of 60 now thats nearly impossible.... but after viewing afew of other CCL X Laced Wyandotte cross chicks(specially the sexlinked CCLxSLW crosses) it appears that while the Males do look wildtype something is affecting the Headspot expression on the males.. there is something affecting sex linked Barring, which is difficult to believe as one would assume when sexlinked barring is pressent on a Chick down on such cross or on anyother cross except wheaten...
Quote:
So I'll update the Sexlinked Cross thread with this info, as this Cross CCL x GLW cross will not produce visible sexlinks(able to be sex at hatch)

Last edited:
Here's my Cream Legbar x Barred Rock and Cream Legbar x Russian Orloff chicks. Daddy Orloff with Barred Rock partial. The chicks look very similar to what their mothers did, but with more cream around the eyes and chin.This pic is from April of the Orloff and Barred Rock.
I have never seen a CCL roo that looked even remotely like that. But it looks just like the possible cross that normanack posted! I'd love to know if it is something else - the colors are stunning. Greenfire has so many that look similar now. It wouldn't be the first time that I'd heard of GF sending an extra male as a packing peanut and the recipient being unable to tell the difference in the chick breeds. I think it was someone on here that culled their Rhodebar cockerels down to what they thought was the best one only to later realize that the only one they had left for breeding was actually an extra bielefelder male that had been sent as a packing peanut :/

a quick CONGRATULATIONS to HaplessRunner!!!! I know he won't brag, but a little bird told me he did very well at the VPBA show this weekend...
WOOT WOOT!!!
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
ya.gif

OK, had a photo session with my CCL x GLW. They are super friendly but not very photogenic, LOL! They do not like to be still and after a while I get confused on who I have done already.

Here is my best effort:

The whole gang plus their Marans mix buddies.

This was the Light brown headspot baby then and

Now:

Here is the biggest/firstborn roo with the straight comb and light chest then and

Now:

And the whole rest of the gang

Crested straight comb girl I think

Crested rose comb roo

Non crested rose comb girl

And apparently one of them got away without a photo session :/

Would

1) CCL cockerel x BLRW hen

or

2) CCL cockerel x mottled ameraucana hen

produce autosexing chicks?

Last edited:
I have never seen a CCL roo that looked even remotely like that. But it looks just like the possible cross that normanack posted! I'd love to know if it is something else - the colors are stunning. Greenfire has so many that look similar now. It wouldn't be the first time that I'd heard of GF sending an extra male as a packing peanut and the recipient being unable to tell the difference in the chick breeds. I think it was someone on here that culled their Rhodebar cockerels down to what they thought was the best one only to later realize that the only one they had left for breeding was actually an extra bielefelder male that had been sent as a packing peanut
hmm.png
He was given to me by a friend who bought 6 "Cream Legbar" hatching eggs off ebay. Only 2 hatched and other looked nothing like this one, so I really have no idea what kind of cross it could be. I'm just hoping he carries the blue egg gene.

Back
Top Bottom