Crochet "Chat"

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Scrambled Egg, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    Another hot one here today folks!!! forecasting 105 heat index 115!!!!! we aint even into our "hot" season which is usually July and August!!! Really hate to see what they will bring...
    well off to work on some more horses....i hung a load of laundry out i usually only hang 2 a day 1 early am and 1 late night with these temp ya cant go out!!!

2. katiesarahsmom

katiesarahsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Greenwood,LA
    Quote:I agree!!! I havent hung a load out yet today, it's so hot. I did manage to water the gardens ~ it helps when the hose accidentally splashes you!!!

3. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] katiesarahsmom! [​IMG]

Scoot, I just realized that the secret santa is a great way to help us think of being cool. [​IMG] Remember this past winter when we (up here at least) were getting so much snow? heh... and now we can't get rid of the heat. Got to love the extremes of the seasons! (well, might not love 'em, but it does keep things interesting)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Quote:I agree!!! I havent hung a load out yet today, it's so hot. I did manage to water the gardens ~ it helps when the hose accidentally splashes you!!!

It's hot where I am here in the desert. It was supposed to get up to 105 today. I do all my work in the yard super early while it's cool and after the sun goes behind the mountains in the evening.

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I'm off today so I hope to get my house clean too and it'll be hot here today as well, not 105 but in the 90s I think..I HATE summer except for the gardening!!! I like fall the best for weather. Have a great day!!

6. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Quote:But a really cute watermelon! [​IMG]

Hang in there! You're almost there! Me, I wish I could say the same...I have been so nervy and worry wart-ish lately. Everything makes me jump and I feel like I am living in fear of something terrible happening to my little squirrel. I thought those hormones took a break by the 6th month, apparently they rev back up for me. [​IMG]

Hope everyone is staying cool and good luck cleaning SE. I know it has to get done, but I am swearing off chores for now! [​IMG] Need to go find another cool corner.

[​IMG] everyone (from a cool distance so as not to overheat anyone) [​IMG]

7. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Quote:For the high desert I like the fall and spring. If we have enough rainfall(our average is 3") then the wildflowers will take your breath away. It gets up to 116+ in the summer but I hate the wind the most as it seems to suck the moisture out of everything. Thank goodness for drip irrigation or my garden would be a mess.

8. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Hey Everybody...

Been up and at em this morning... fed chickens/birds, picked berries/garden, baking gumpsgirl bread and going to blanch/freeze some zucchini/squash and fit some house cleaning in and some crocheting....

Have a great day [​IMG]

9. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Yeap it's been Very Very hot here as well [​IMG] And the Humidity just hangs soo heavy [​IMG]
    Scoot I also have been hanging laundry out early in the morning before I go to the office. Do aload of wash at night then hang it out after I water the chickens and let the ducks out in the morning. DH has been watering the greenhouse and garden plants. And making sure al the chickens still have water mid afternoon. I do as little house work now as possable as we only have 1 small window air conditioner for our 14 x 60 trailer, Thank Goodness we have a lot of large trees shading us [​IMG]. But we are going to an auction Saturday they have severial window air conditoners listed and 25- 6 x 10 foot chain link panels [​IMG] I hope we can get at least 6 -10 of them Instant runs [​IMG] Sure would be a great answer to moving the chicken coop and duck shed. [​IMG]

I hope all are keeping cool in their own way, water, icecream, iced tea, air conditioning, thinking of 6 inches of snow, What ever works.

Karan [​IMG]

10. algopurple

algopurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Ripley TN
    GOOD NEWS!!! I got that coon that was killing my chickens last night!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now I just have to figure out what to do with it. Every time I would mention to someone that I had a coon problem they would say "If you catch one let me know and I will pay you for it, they are good to eat or I want to teach my dogs how to tree a coon." Now that I have one no one wants it. [​IMG] At least I don't have to worry about it killing any more of my chickens. Dead or alive, he will be released really far from here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by