Crochet "Chat"

lovemychix - All those broody hens
jumpy.gif
cant wait for ours to start laying... still months away
sad.png
Hope you find good homes for them babies, I would want to keep them all! Last night while sitting my the fire pit with Dh and Dd14 we started talking about our chickens and I said now honey you know next year when TSC starts selling chicks again, I got to have some... he asked if he could just
smack.gif
me when I ask at the store... Dh14 thought that was real funny... I'm sure by then we will have atleast 1 broody hen.
fl.gif

algopurple -
ep.gif
Well you had a WONDERFUL day yesterday, thats great! I've been talking Dh into getting acouple of milking goats... he's almost there
ya.gif
I want to try the milk and make cheese... my kids think I'm crazy, alot of my old friends cant believe I'm soooo countrifide now and I just love it all
wee.gif

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I'm new to BYC and to crochet but I wanted to share what I've been working on, if thats ok. One of my best friends just had a baby girl and I'm making a Diagonal Afghan for her.

34883_baby_blanket_1.jpg

34883_closeup_of_blanket.jpg

tnlorprazer - Welcome
big_smile.png
and your babyghan is BEAUTIFUL... your friend is going to love it. I was just looking at an afghan made like that the other day and could not figure out what it was called or how to go about making one... I like them.

SECRET SANTA SIGN -UPS
11044_santa021zxa.gif

GIFTS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 HOMEMADE ITEM IN IT. ALL PACKAGES MUST BE MAILED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 10TH TO GIVE THE POST OFFICE TIME FOR DELIVERY.DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS WILL BE NOVEMBER 1ST.

11044_gifts1.gif

11044_1christmas50-med.jpg

1) Queen scoot
2) scrambled egg
3) jen4
4.) Karanleaf
5.)no chicks here
6.) lovemychix
7.)risurocket
8.)lutheranchick
9.) algopurple
10.) Kgee
11.) katiesarahsmom

Last edited:
GOOD MORNING HOOKERVILLE!!!!!!!!!! Another hot one here folks!!!
SE that is very pretty!!
11044_e03be698a262a97421c1d6d24d81c0.gif
i am your humble queen who rules over this here hooker corner! I am also the queen of bling too!!! LOL pull up spme hooks n a corner get cozy and chat! very pretty babyghan!!!
11044_firday-gg-1.gif

11044_butterfly-6.gif

11044_hoppy-day-032007.gif

Last edited:
Queen Scoot - thanks for your kind words and for the warm welcome. This site has been a blessing in more ways than one.
smile.png

Jen4 - I was asking because the pattern I'm following is a 'homemade' version from a friend of mine.

Queen Scoot - Could you tell me more about the Secret Santa. Does it have to be crocheted or can it be anything homemade?

Jen4- I emailed it to you. I just copied and pasted it from my word document.

welcome-byc.gif
tnlorprazer
welcome6ld.gif
Your afghan is Gorgeous!!!

You will love it here, and like Scoot said, don't be afraid to ask any questions. Chickens, crochet, whatever.
big_smile.png
It's a cozy place to just hang out and chat, show off projects and be with friends. The swaps are in different threads, but hosted by a number of us in this one. (and the secret santa is *only* in this thread). If SE is crazy then we are all a little bit nuts here!
wink.png
But in a good way!

Algo, Wow! Congrats on your latest adventures. Nice to get new hens to replace the coon's supper. I hope the coon found a home somewhere too. And goat's cheese is the best! Wish I could eat it. (can't do *any* dairy type things.
sad.png
) but the milk takes some getting used to, at least as far as I remember. Good luck getting some goats. Some day I want goats too. Goats, chickens, horses, and Karan is starting to convert me to wanting ducks. maybe turkeys.
wink.png
I want a zoo!

How ya doin' Okie? Hanging in there?

Chix, wow...good luck with all your broodies and babies. I hope you find good homes. I would love to have more chicks, but alas, we have no room either right now...Congrats! And I am sure you will find them good homes, esp if you advertise that they are for eggs or pets only, not eating.
wink.png

hugs.gif
all, stay cool!
cool.png

welcome-byc.gif
to the new people!!!
ya.gif
Queen scoot also goes by the QUEEN, which she also loves!
love.gif

Lovely things you gals have been working on!
clap.gif

Still been HOT here, finally got the air going yesterday.
wee.gif

Oh I had the most awful thing happen to me. Our laptop is from a rent to own place. Anyway, they had to come pick it up because the money we was waiting on didn't come in time to pay the bill. The man that picked it up said, everything would stay the way it is (such as payments, things left on the computer & so on) til we picked it up in a week. This was Monday. We went in yesterday (4 days early) to get it.
Supposedly "corperate office" came in & did some cleaning up. They cleaned up alright, wiped EVERYTHING, off our computer!
rant.gif
somad.gif
hit.gif

Oh my word, I was just sick! My family history file of over 5,000 names & info is gone, pictures, everything!
hit.gif
somad.gif
I do mean I was literally sick!
The guy that was there felt bad, which is no help, but he did cut the price in 1/2 for what we have left. I guess it is partly my fault for not backing the stuff up before they took it, but I wasn't home either. Course had the check came a couple days sooner that would have helped.
I am sooo depressed over it!
hit.gif
:hit

Back
Top Bottom