Crochet "Chat"

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Scrambled Egg, Jan 22, 2009.

1. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    [​IMG] No Chicks. Ugh! That is so horrible! I would just be sick too if that happened to me. [​IMG] I know we shouldn't be so dependent on our computers, but they are parts of our lives now. I hope you can retrieve some of it back... Hang in there! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    [​IMG] tnlorprazer to the BYC crochet Corner [​IMG]

This is one WIld and Crazy bunch of Hookers [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    We have a great time, and no better bunch to have in your corner. [​IMG] They are the best, shoulders to cry on, hugs when ya need them and a kick in the toosh when ya need it too. [​IMG] I love em all [​IMG]
    Beautiful job on the babyghan [​IMG] [​IMG]

Algo I am soo Glad the Dinner Coon became Dinner and then you got 3 hens. And reconnected with your old friend and discovered Goats Milk and Cheese [​IMG] Hooray for your Great Day [​IMG]

Rocket I have a duck I believe that is broody Isabella didn't want to go out with the rest of her flock and play, she is or was I'm not home yet, sitting on the nest in the duck shed. She has the chickens to keep her company. I have 14 duck eggs I just took out of the turner and put in the hatcher and 14 more in the bator with the turner last night, then to find I have a broody duck [​IMG] If I have decent hatches I may be over run with duckling cuteness [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] hummm I don't think that is possable, never can have too much duckling cuteness [​IMG] [​IMG]

I hope everyone is keeping cool it is 96 out today [​IMG] By the way can it be too hot to ship hatching eggs. Someone has asked about me sending them some duck eggs and I am conserned it's too hot. Any thoughts or experence with this?? Thanks in advance.

Karan [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  3. no chicks here

no chicks here Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    Quote:Thanks Ris. [​IMG]
  4. algopurple

algopurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Ripley TN
    Well I just got caught up on the days reading and I really enjoyed catching up since I forced myself to leave the puter off allllll day so I could get my house clean and get ready for my trip. I am only going to be gone for the weekend and it is just a postal union meeting but since I never go anywhere it is a big deal for me lol.
    Welcome Tnlorprazer! We might just be neighbors!
    SE I have never eaten coon either. Don't know if it is good or not.

No Chicks really sorry you lost everything. Something like that happend to me once and now I am obsessed with backing stuff up.

Ris. I couldn't tell the goats milk was any different from the cow milk I get at walmart. I was really surprised at how much the same it tasted.

Karen that is so cool that you are going to have that many lil ducks. I have never had a duck and know nothing about them. I always want a daily egg and didn't think ducks had as many eggs as chickens.
    Well as often I should say. Do they?

Jen you sound like me. If we had more land I think we would have lots more animals. I would have at least one of most everything lol.

I guess I will turn this thing back off and get to bed. Getting late and Brenda (girl I am going on the trip with) said she would be here at 5am! [​IMG] I don't even get up that early to go to work!
    Hope everyone stays cool and safe! [​IMG]
  5. risurocket

Jul 5, 2008
    Another [​IMG] for you, NoChicks!

Oh, Karan, I wish I could take some ducklings, but I don't think I can dredge up a market for duck eggs around here...(as in duck eggs with my chicken eggs...) And we are just getting into possibly having a store that will buy our umpteen million eggs we have...(I have 20 dozen right now, just from 2 weeks)...So, I better stick with chickens for now, even though we have a great lake. Still, not sure how well the wild ones would get along with the tame ones....

I don't think I would ship eggs in this heat either, but you could call a hatchery maybe or I am sure someone on the overall board would know.

It's COOL! here! A whole 68 degrees! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am feeling so much better! *sends cool air down to the heat wavers down there!*

[​IMG] Take care everyone!
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  6. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Quote:Love your afghan. Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new at this also but I've met some great people. We have a hexagon swap going if you're interested. I think Algo has it going. Maybe someone can help me out here with that info.
  7. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Quote:Glad you got to try the goat milk and the cheese. I grew up on it in England as a little girl. It is good. Sounds like you will have some fun with this.
  8. risurocket

Jul 5, 2008

I am one of Queen Scoot's bling apprentices. [​IMG]

I am so enjoying the fact that it is 58 degrees right now. Ahhhh....hopefully I will wake up early (meaning I plan to go back to bed for a little bit) enough to shut all the windows before it gets to be 84 again. [​IMG]

Baustin, I [​IMG] your Roo's name!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I love goat cheese on a salad, not so sure I could swill down any goat's milk though, lol! Braver than me!! I like that diagonal afghan too, looks like a shawl pattern would work for that and the baby could be wrapped up like you were putting on a diaper with the flap between the legs and the 2 sides flipped over on top..cute! No race today, yay, a break! Lots of things I can do with a free saturday anyhow, specially since I got all my "chores" done yesterday!! Have a good day hookers!! [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    That's terrible no chicks. [​IMG]

I've had a stressful week. [​IMG] Busy and if something could go wrong it did. [​IMG]
    Maybe the weekend will be better.
    We plan on giving baths to the chickens that need it. All this rain and standing water has made a few of them just stinky. [​IMG] They will probably not mind it too much with this heat. [​IMG] My sons chicken Buffy likes to literally roll in the mud. She's a buff Cochin and beautiful but has mud stuck all over her feathers. My daughter made the comment that she has to be Blake's chicken because he does the same thing. [​IMG] Good point.

July 1st I hopefully will have more babies hatching. Then more in the next week. [​IMG] [​IMG] My one baby is growing and doing well and Sizzle is really taking good care of it. It sits on her back most of the time. [​IMG] It's so cute!

Have a great day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by