Crochet "Chat"

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Scrambled Egg, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    SECRET SANTA SIGN -UPS
    [​IMG]
    GIFTS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 HOMEMADE ITEM IN IT. ALL PACKAGES MUST BE MAILED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 10TH TO GIVE THE POST OFFICE TIME FOR DELIVERY.DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS WILL BE NOVEMBER 1ST.

[​IMG]

1) Queen scoot
    2) scrambled egg
    3) jen4
    4.) Karanleaf
    5.)no chicks here
    6.) lovemychix
    7.)risurocket
    8.)lutheranchick
    9.) algopurple
    10.) Kgee
    11.) katiesarahsmom
    12.)tnlorprazer

2. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Quote:The name just popped into my head one day when feeding and it just stuck

3. baustin

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Quote:The name just popped into my head one day when feeding and it just stuck

Have to add....lucky you at 58 degrees and 84 degrees. It's supposed to go triple digits this weekend 106-112 but we don't have the humidity that you probaby have.

4. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I *have* been wondering just exactly where Inyokern was. I've got the desert part down, but I have not heard of a desert with a name place in it like that. [​IMG]

My rooster's name is Grizzly MacFuzzybutt, however, he has since decided he must be offended with the fuzzy butt part, because he currently has a very naked one with no tail. Either that or the ladies he is with decided *they* were offended by his name and took it upon themselves to bare butt him. [​IMG]

5. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    Quote:LOL they depantsed him!! LOL or better yet defeather him! i know its not funny Rocket but the way you said it makes it that way!

6. baustin

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Quote:I don't think many people know where InyoKern is either. We're just a spot in the road with about 1,000 people, two churches, two gas stations, a PO, two small markets and three restaurants. The downtown? is mostly 2nd hand stores/antique stores and we do have a hardware/feed store. If you look on a good map, we're off 395 and 178 about 15 miles west of Ridgecrest that has a population of about 40,000. China Lake Naval Weapons and Training Center is there. We're east of the Sierra mountains, about 150 miles north of Los Angeles and 130 miles west of Death Valley. San Bernardino is south east of us and Lancaster and Palmdale are south of us. We're about 4 hours northwest of Las Vegas. Does that help or confuse you more? I can see hwy 395 from my front porch and I have a fabulous view of the Sierra Mountains. We're surrounded by mountains as we're in a valley called the Indian Wells Valley.[​IMG]

7. no chicks here

no chicks here Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:LOL they depantsed him!! LOL or better yet defeather him! i know its not funny Rocket but the way you said it makes it that way!

2 [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thanks LMC & Ris again. I THINK I have some of it on a disc from when we had our old computer & moved stuff to this one. [​IMG] I'm going to wait & see for when I get the new version of family tree maker.

I hope your weekend is going better LMC. [​IMG]

[​IMG] nice for thoes of you are getting new babies, enjoy! [​IMG]

8. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Oh Scoot, no worries! It's hilarious. He struts around like its nobody's business and crows just as proud as any roo, but he frequently has a blue butt now of blue kote. [​IMG] (we never plan on eating him, so I figured blue kote was safe) and DH was so inspired on how ridiculous our roo looked that he wrote a song about it. [​IMG]

Er [​IMG] Baustin... well, I am going to guess you are somewhere around the border of CA or Nevada or in one of those states... [​IMG] Probably CA? heh...Being in Wisconsin and only having been to CA once, I am a little lost. [​IMG]

Good Luck No Chicks. I hope you have some at least. It's usually a relief if you can get back at least some of the hard work...though you never know, sometimes starting over reveals a whole lot of things you hadn't noticed before but should have. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now, let's see if I can get back to slumber land. These weird wake-ups at various wee hours, while they may be preparing me for when baby doesn't sleep through the night, they still drive me nuts since I don't *really* need to be getting up all the time right now. [​IMG]

9. baustin

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Quote:Sorry about that....we're in CA in the eastern part of the state. Nevada is about 150 miles east of us. Sorry you're having those weired wake-ups. Pregnancy isn't what it's cracked up to be and can be miserable towards the end. I had 7 so I know. [​IMG]

10. algopurple

algopurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Ripley TN
    Hello everyone! I have been home for about 2 hours now and I am exhausted!! 2 days straight of meetings [​IMG] I enjoyed getting to meet other mail carriers from all over the state (state convention) and learning so many different things about how the rural carrier union works but my brain is hurting from over load now lol! All day meetings. I even got to be in one of the groups that counted votes. They elected all the new officers for the new physical year.
    I did get to shop in a Micheals (SP) while I was there. Got one skein of yarn on sale for .99 cents! Thats all they had at that price or I would have gotten more.
    I guess I will go get ready for work tomorrow. Talk to everyone later. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by