Crochet "Chat"

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Scrambled Egg, Jan 22, 2009.

1. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    Yeah, I think baby hormones are kicking it in big time. I am a little spooked. We worked all weekend to get the house clean and the nursery is almost set up. I seem to have no concept of pacing myself. :wink I feel like it is too early to do some of the nesting things, but then again, we have a busy summer so we have to do them while we have the chance, I suppose.[​IMG]

Oh honey I can relate!! [​IMG] Our room is a torn up mess!! (that's where the baby will be) I am going to try to get to it today, but I am rounding the bend of the pregnancy where I am totally miserable, so things are slow going. I am soooo thankful that I'm not carrying twins this time!!! The miserable-end-of-the-pregnancy-miserableness started months early with the twins.

We had the baby shower this weekend! It was soooo much fun! We played games and I have a great picture of four of my friends playing the diaper smelling game. (where you put different melted candy bars in a diaper, and the guests have to guess what candy bar is in each diaper. [​IMG] It was great!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I didn't get any good pics of me though [​IMG]

Whew I will be glad when I get my body back from the alien baby invasion [​IMG]

Anyway hope you all have a great day!! I will try to take pics of my belly soon!! At least one more time before I deliver...I'm HUGE!![​IMG]

edited to add: I almost forgot. Nochicks, I was sick right along with you when I read about your losing everything. Literally my stomach turned when I read it...and not from being pregnant! [​IMG] I have lost a few pictures before, but not everything. I can only begin to imagine what that feels like. [​IMG] I hope you get something back!!

[​IMG] you guys!!!!​

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  2. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Okie. Missed ya! Your shower sounds like tons of fun.
    I guess I am not getting one this time around, but everyone is giving me stuff, so it's like an ongoing gift giving thing. So, I have to be grateful. And our summer is so busy anyway, that I am not sure I could fit in another pre-baby party.
    Nursery is almost set up. I feel like the house is bigger somehow. I have no idea how *that* happened.

Time to get back to the grind...at least the weather is MUCH more comfortable for awhile. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    Quote:hey!!! never thought of that thanks!!!!!

4. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Um...theme? not really...I ended up, through generous gifts, with a green, blue, yellow and white color scheme and I guess a blue gingham pattern is the dominant one. I am highlighting with splashes of pink and peach, when I can, as long as it doesn't clash too much with the green, blue and yellow. Oh and white is pretty dominant too.

But as far as a "stuff" theme, well, critters and just general baby cute things. I have to admit, I feel more like I would like more pink for this baby. Big sister had primary colors with an ocean theme....somehow I am feeling more traditional with this baby. Maybe it's because I know her gender, and so neutral themes hold a little less favor. But the color scheme I have is still nice and springy.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  5. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    COME ON HOOKERS!!!!!!! I KNOW THERES MORE OF YOU OUT THERE! THIS IS AN OFFICIAL HOOKERVILLE CALL FROM YOUR QUEEN.........SIGN UP FOR SECERT SANTA....YA KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!
    Come on... i know its early but sign up lets make it a blast!!!!

6. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    SECRET SANTA SIGN -UPS

GIFTS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 HOMEMADE ITEM IN IT. ALL PACKAGES MUST BE MAILED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 10TH TO GIVE THE POST OFFICE TIME FOR DELIVERY.DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS WILL BE NOVEMBER 1ST.
    f

1) Queen scoot
    2) scrambled egg
    3) jen4
    4.) Karanleaf
    5.)no chicks here
    6.) lovemychix
    7.)risurocket
    8.)lutheranchick
    9.) algopurple
    10.) Kgee
    11.) katiesarahsmom
    12.)tnlorprazer

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    The best way is pickled Jen. I have made beet wine before. I got preggo right after I made it and it sat in jars for almost a year before I got any and I'm tell you. You didn't drink much of it because it was strong. [​IMG] It kinda tasted like black cherry. Not bad. We would get a jar out when company came.
    I was looking at your page and wow you have a nice area. I would love to have that much space. Sounds like you are having a blast.

8. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    SECRET SANTA SIGN -UPS

GIFTS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 HOMEMADE ITEM IN IT. ALL PACKAGES MUST BE MAILED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 10TH TO GIVE THE POST OFFICE TIME FOR DELIVERY.DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS WILL BE NOVEMBER 1ST.
    f

1) Queen scoot
    2) scrambled egg
    3) jen4
    4.) Karanleaf
    5.)no chicks here
    6.) lovemychix
    7.)risurocket
    8.)lutheranchick
    9.) algopurple
    10.) Kgee
    11.) katiesarahsmom
    12.)tnlorprazer
    13.) okiemommy

9. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Quote:I like to knit as well as quilt, cross stitch, sew, and crochet. I learned to knit in the UK as a child during WWII. My mother taught me. I can even do the Faire Isle knitting and have some of my mothers knitting needles and knitting books dating back to the 1940's.

10. blossom hen

blossom hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    NE Tx
    I have my grandmother's metal (very thin) knitting needles and a wooden case that holds them. At least my mother said they're knitting needles. LOL Since I can only do one thing at a time, I haven't ever learned to knit. Those two needles........... [​IMG]

ETA: Have done some scarves on a Knifty Knitter and keep thinking I'll get some normal size knitting needles and see if I can follow a You Tube video to learn how.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by