Crochet "Chat"

Here is my snake story ya'll..

yesterday when I got home, I went to the chicken coop as usual to let them out a bit and change their water. They haven't been laying but an egg a day or everyother day but there was one at the foot of the ramp they go to the nesting boxes up..never, in 2 1/2 years has an egg been laying there, ever, weird place I thought as I reached to pick it up...and as I did, thank you God, I looked up and a freaking SNAKE was looking at me from the nest box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a need to change your underwear!!! Scared me sooooo bad! The hens were already out of the pen but my smallest dachshund was in there with me, she did not see it but I got her out and closed the door and called my husband in a frantic fit to come home. In 24 years of living here, we have never had a snake, not even my neighbors. I thought it was the owl that had been taking care of my rat problem!! The snake kept moving around in there and I was in a panic it would crawl off and out and I would never be able to go back out there for not knowing where it was so I got stupid and got a 50 gallon bucket and slid it halfway under the nest boxes and got a potato rack and dragged him out and he plopped into the bucket...never occurred to me ..till later he could stretch up and bite me!! then I dragged the bucket outside the coop and it was a rat snake with a whole egg in it!!! 4 1/2 feet long and ticked off. DH got home pretty quick and it was stretched out and climbed over the side of the bucket whcih totally freaked me out and it slithered so fast to the chicken pen and dove through the wire...but..that egg made it get caught halfway through so he grabbed it with a set a long grill tongues and threw it in the bucket. I wanted him to take it down the road and dump it out and let it live with someone else but it got so scared and aggressive it came out of the bucket again and I was terrified it would hide somewhere and come back in the coop again..it is a miracle I didnt cram my hand in that box right on it..any other day I sure would have, that egg on the ground saved me from that..he had to kill it though, my sanity or the snake and I've lived here longer. I dont care much for killing things but that snake fear is a bit irrational anyway. I was shaky and freaked out all evening...I live in a NEIGHBORHOOD, not wild kingdom!!!! Geez!!! A new adventure everyday!!

Just when I decide today is the day to become a member of this thread...I read a crazy snake story. I am scared spitless of snakes and I live in the country! Your story is crazy! Funny and scarry at the same time, lol.

Permission to join the crochet chat club?

Quote:
Permission granted! We love new people in here! Pull up a chair and make yourself welcome.

welcome-byc.gif
Majestic Farm

I woke up to a phone call this morning from the post office where I work and they were like "If you don't get up here soon we are going to have chicken nuggets for breakfast" My chicks from Meyer Hatchery were here! When I walked to the bathroom befor I left, I heard a chick cheeping and there was one standing in my bator! When I got back there were 3 more piped and rolling around! I am more excited about those chicks than I am for the ones that I just got in the mail. lol Guess its cuz these are from my own hens and I actually got them to hatch. I have been so worried I am not doing it right but guess I did something right.
I am going back to bed now befor my lil boy wakes up and wont let me get any more sleep but will post pics and keep yall updated later.

I can't until I can have chickens!!! I live in a neighborhood that restricts them and other "farm" animals. My neighbor and I are waiting for the HOA rules to become void. She wants a goat and I want chickens!!!!
I LOVE reading all your chicken experiences!!! Thanks for sharing!

SECRET SANTA SIGN -UPS

GIFTS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 HOMEMADE ITEM IN IT. ALL PACKAGES MUST BE MAILED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 10TH TO GIVE THE POST OFFICE TIME FOR DELIVERY.DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS WILL BE AUGUST 30TH.THIS WILL GIVE US HOOKERS TIME TO DECIDE AND MAKE SPECIAL GIFTS FOR THEIR SS. .

1) Queen scoot
2) scrambled egg
3) jen4
4.) Karanleaf
5.)no chicks here
6.) lovemychix
7.)risurocket
8.)lutheranchick
9.) algopurple
10.) Kgee
11.) katiesarahsmom
12.)tnlorprazer
13.) okiemommy
14.) purr
15.)amyquilt
16.)Majestic Farm

Last edited:
Oooo! SE, quite the snake adventure! You were pretty brave to get it into the bucket, the ole egg stealer...wonder why you ended up getting a snake now...it must have eaten all of your rats and gotten hungry for eggs.

welcome-byc.gif
Majestic Farm! definitely hang out and chat and hook with us!

my hooks went off strike. I have a baby shower for friends who are technically due before me, but I am probably going to beat her. (long story) It's their first baby, so they get a shower. I have just been getting stuff from various very generous friends, so it's been more like an ongoing shower for me.
big_smile.png
I actually have made a successful hat so far.
ya.gif
Working on the cuddly ami-however you spell it, and I will hopefully make one or two more things to go with the first two. I better get hooking though...

I just got back from the mall where I bought bras. yeah maybe the girls will stay where there supposed to now.

And I was leaving and saw the nail salon and decided to treat myself to some gels and a french manicure since I have a fancy lunch at some uppity counrty club tomorrow for DH's charity golf tournement..
I usually don't go to these things but he's the president of his local now so I have to. The country bumpkin's hitting the socialite scene.Hope they are all prepared for Terry cause I tend to make an impression either you love me or hate me within minutes. I have an opinion about everything.

Look out Stow Country Club
The good part is I'm going with a friend of 28yrs and her future daughter in law.who I love .she's so sweet (the daughter in law) the friend believe it or not is more opinionated than I am.Actually I'm surprised we get along so well. We actually got thrown out of the Union Hall together quite a few years ago.During a long lay-off. duc
Now that I think about it tomorrow should be a blast!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the long post I'm very chatty today. big_smile
Silly me posted this in wrong thread so if you've already read it I apologize!
hide.gif

Majestic Farm -
welcome-byc.gif

Scrambled Egg - WOW!!! I don't know what I would've done. Sorry to hear that he had to pass but better him than you...

Algo - Congrats on the new babies! I have 10 currently out of the 21 in my Bator and counting... I think it makes them more special if you have tended to them yourself for the last 21 days.
wink.png

Tomorrow we are suppose to go horse back riding. Its been years since I've been on a horse but the kids are wanting to go. Hope everyone has a good weekend planned.

Quote:
Believe it or not I did go back to sleep lol. I really love my sleep and my annoyance over the hatchery mess ups kind of killed my excitement for the moment until I woke up and found 2 more hatched. 4 total for the moment. I think one drowned or just died. It piped hours ago but thats it and no movement for a long time.
I got home too late to take pics since it is too dark now but I will try to get them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom