Crochet "Chat"

Purr I loved reading your post even if you didn't mean to put it in here. Very funny and so true about country bumpkins at country clubs! LOL

SE sorry the snake had to go but I think, even as much as I like snakes, if I ever find one in my hen house I might do the same as you. I will just get a pair of leather gloves and pick it up though.
tongue.png
Rat snakes or chicken snakes as they are called around here are the bittinest kinds and can be really mean.

Tnlorprazer what kinds do you have in your bator? That is so cool that you have gotten almost half to hatch so far. Is this your first time? It is for me.

Jen what is TSC?

Stopping in to say
frow.gif
. Sorry if I missed anyones big news. Been pretty darn busy with everything. Basically working 2 jobs and family and garden and of course those little sweet birds we all keep.
wink.png
I sold some of my chicks the other day. Girl was pleased to get the "mohawk" chicks.
lol.png
I actually canned a bunch of veggies the other day. 12 quarts of different things. Tomatoes not great this year again. Too much rain but the other stuff is doing great.
Daughter got her tonsils out this week and it's been a wild week. I plan to stop everything this weekend and lounge in the pool with a cocktail.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Want to hear my snake story? I live in the desert and we have two types of venomous snakes, both rattlers. Anyway, I work for a neighbor that publishes a magazine. I do her subscriptions and ad payments and generally run the office. She had warned me that sometimes a snake gets in the house by coming in through the hanger. One day I'm sitting at the computer and feel something nudge my foot and thought at first it was the cat....it wasn't. From the corner of my eye I saw the snake and couldn't tell by the head really what it was and that snake kept going and going like the energizer bunny. I didn't move a muscle and doubt if I even breathed until I saw the tail and it had no rattles. I called out to Kathy and she said she'd get her husband but it was about to go into hiding again so I grabbed it and took it thru the hanger and turned it loose on the helo pad. Stu tells all his helicopter friends about that story. I've picked up the nick name "snake lady" by his friends.

Austin...
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
lol girl!!!! I would not even put my hands on that snake DEAD must less with that forked tongue flicking around everywhere!!! You are quite brave!!! I saw it laying in the back of Travis' (DS) truck yesterday afternoon so I guess he is still showing it off, it was over 4 foot long and all black, people have called it a chicken snake, a corn snake a rat snake and a black snake all I relly know is that it is a dead snake with whole egg inside it and I heard all kinds of jokes yesterdy about being on the look out for it's "family" !!
th.gif
th.gif
No doubt about be looking for others...forever!! I will never stick my hands in there again with out looking. Someone at work told me she still had nightmares from beeing a little girl and sticking he hand in the nest box and feeling something really cold and slimy and having it bite her. Nonpoisonous but she was sick. I'm gonna be very happy and afraid if I have alot more eggs now..meaning I have been really careless not to have known he was there for so long! Anyway, warning to everyone to look in the nest boxes before you stick your hands in there!!! Have a snake-free day all!!
smile.png

Morning...
Got another "fart" egg yesterday afternoon
big_smile.png
Dh is off so we get to hang out today with NO KIDS! We are going to go hiking and then ?

Have a great day..........

Oh pretty soon I'm going to try to learn how to do the ripple stitch crocket

algopurple - Its Tractor Supply Center

Here are the first pictures of my lil hatchlings !
19545_picture_1084.jpg

19545_picture_1083.jpg

These are the ones that have dried enough that I could take them out to keep them from stepping on the younger, wetter ones.
19545_picture_1077.jpg

Quote:
My chickens have finally learned to go into the nest boxes to lay. Before they were laying on the ground. I even had dummy eggs in the nests. I'm getting two to three eggs a day now. I have 10 pullets so eggs are still small.
yippiechickie.gif

I crochet as a way to releive stress from the world!! I am searching for chicken crochet patterns, if anyone has any they are willing to share with me, please let me know! I give them as presents to family and co-workers!

Thanks,
Purplefrog

Back
Top Bottom