Crochet "Chat"

I am sooo tired!! All of my family drove out to Real Foot Lake and spent all day swimming. It was really fun but lots of people got sunburned but not me or my Isaac. I couldn't believe I was the only one to remember sunblock. I didn't share cuz I figured everyone else had already put theirs on till I saw everyone turning red as a beet!
Next Sunday I was going to have a birthday party for Isaac at my house (2 years) but we decided we had so much fun at the lake, we are going to move it out there.
29 little fuzzy butts have hatched so far. Only lost 1 and 8 more eggs are still in the bator. Going to give them till tomorrow afternoon since the 8th was the last hatch date. I did not even have any EE eggs to put in the bator but 3 of my chicks are EEs or americanas. Guess that shows how careful or not so careful the breeder I got my hens from was about keeping his breeds from crossing. Will be interesting to see if their EE gens are strong enough to make blue or green eggs.

Hope everyone else had a good Sunday and got to relax befor work tomorrow.

Dh made a homemade slip n slide today and OH MY GOODNESS them boys had soooo much fun... heres a pic. I'm going to post a blog on it tomorrow, lol

047.jpg

algopurple - Sounds like a nice day... and all those chickes
love.gif

That looks like so much fun Jen!!!! Clever idea too! My kids had a few of those early on and they got alot of use on hot days...ahhhhh, those were the days, lol!!! Enjoy that while you can becasue they sure grow up fast
smile.png

Quote:
Oh! What fun! I remember when mine were that age. The things they used to do in the summer. They're all grown now with families of there own and two have passed away. I'm thankful of the memories....look at all that green grass. Wow! We don't have that in the desert. Lovely to look at but a lot of work to keep up.
frow.gif

Jen, that picture is priceless! We did pretty much the same thing with our Bible School last week. Only instead of three boys, we had about 50 kids playing on our homemade slip'n'slide. They had so much fun. I'll have to post a few of the hundreds of pics that DH took! Maybe when I get home today...

What a fun day! My sister and her kids came over yesterday and we all go in the pool.
Yesterday evening I had to cull my roo Waddles. He was just way to mean and was even flogging the other hens. I tried to give him away but no one wants a mean roo. I hope I can have more peace in the coop now. It was terrible but necessary.
sad.png

lovemychix - thats sad but I know our days coming for us to cull some roos soon

Heres some squares I started making Saturday... going to try to make a bed spread for our bed... might take me years
lau.gif

005-4.jpg

Lovemychix - sorry to hear about your roo. I hope I never have to do that.

Jen - those are very nice squares. I'm with lovemychix on the colors.

Queen - I got my chicken towels. I really like the colors. Thanks!

Hey where do ya go on here to find recipes? I just finished peeling what turned out to be a gallon and a half of squashed figs and can't remember the recipe I used to make fig jam the last time. Having a kid turned my mind into mush it seems.
roll.png
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom