IF ANYONE ELSE STUMBLES ACROSS THIS WITH A SIMILAR SITUATION AND HAD A POSITIVE OUTCOME, I WOULD LOVE IF YOU COULD SHARE YOUR STORY TO TRY AND EASE MY WORRY! Thank goodness for this website!

My lovely baby Popcorn passed away while sitting on some eggs underneath my window. I quickly gathered all the eggs and put them into the incubator, worried that it was too late for them. I checked their growth the next day, and the air cells were no where near the average amount it should have been. I made a safety hole when they started internally pipping (using that video as my guide) and only one didn't make it. All of Popcorn's kids are now roaming around our field, filling out her legacy.

My lovely baby Popcorn passed away while sitting on some eggs underneath my window. I quickly gathered all the eggs and put them into the incubator, worried that it was too late for them. I checked their growth the next day, and the air cells were no where near the average amount it should have been. I made a safety hole when they started internally pipping (using that video as my guide) and only one didn't make it. All of Popcorn's kids are now roaming around our field, filling out her legacy.
Awww what a beautiful story! That makes my heart so happy.. But very sad for your Popcorn :-(

Awww what a beautiful story! That makes my heart so happy.. But very sad for your Popcorn :-(

Thanks. Popcorn was an amazing girl. I feel like she would have been the best mom ever. She had some amazing skills but I still technically have her; I have her in her chicks. She survived something grabbing her head and ripped a flap of skin off and for the rest of her life, she had a little flap on the very top of her head. I which I had a picture of her, but I don't. What I do have is a picture of her children though:
IMG_20181023_160109.jpg
IMG_20180922_101536.jpg

That's all the pictures I have with me right now. If you want, I can get more pictures of her kids though.
EDIT - She mated with two different roosters. One was a black bantam cochin and the other was a mixed rooster.

Thanks. Popcorn was an amazing girl. I feel like she would have been the best mom ever. She had some amazing skills but I still technically have her; I have her in her chicks. She survived something grabbing her head and ripped a flap of skin off and for the rest of her life, she had a little flap on the very top of her head. I which I had a picture of her, but I don't. What I do have is a picture of her children though:
View attachment 1590547 View attachment 1590548

That's all the pictures I have with me right now. If you want, I can get more pictures of her kids though.
EDIT - She mated with two different roosters. One was a black bantam cochin and the other was a mixed rooster.
awww thank you for sharing those they are beautiful! i love pictures!!

UPDATE: End of day 19, candled one last time to see if any change in air sacs. They were the tiniest bit bigger (humidity has been about 35% all day today) I planned on adding some warm water to the bator at sight of first pip but now I think I will just add a bit at the end of day 20 before I go to bed just incase they decide to pip while I'm asleep, I don't want them to suffocate, if that is even possible at this point with the humidity being as high as it was during the first 14 days. The stress is agonizing. Will update again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom