dd walked in her apartement Update: post 1

What if he came over unannounced when she had stayed home sick or something?????????

File a plice report anyway!!! Even if it doesn't "do" anything now, a paper trail on your side is ALWAYS a good thing!!

Quote:
Keep in mind regardless of what her lease says it may still be against the law. I print out my own leases from the inter-net. What I am saying is, just because her landlords use a particular lease does not mean it meets state requirements. She should call your family lawyer. if you don't have one you can ask the police department, although they may not know they can help her find out.

I posted a link to an article on renter's rights by the Texas Attorney General. It says that unless there is a specific clause in the lease that allows the landlord to enter, he cannot except in emergency or for RENTER REQUESTED repairs.

can you hear me now? :

What state is it? I will look for renters rights myself in that state on the internet just to satisfy my curiosity about it. If it is a renters right to have been given notice i willpost what I find on here.
already did

That being said if that is the case then I still say bring it up to the authorities. I know it is reaching but if he has been there watching television then who knows what ekse he has been doing.
Agree

You can learn a lot about people by going through their things. Can be anything from getting stuff to commit identity fraud to knowing more intimate things. That includes not only her but the husband and the best friend as well. In this day and age there are so many things that can be found out just by rummaging through trash. That is why I shred my stuff and burn what i can since I live in the country. Can't be too careful but I would definitely talk to an an attorney if the lease office doesn't do anything about it.​

caf.gif

I would change the locks myself and NOT give them a key. I did it when I lived in an apt. I don't care what the lease said, I did not trust the maintenance at all. They stole from other apartments and did drugs in vacant ones. They tried to come in once without notice or knocking, but the normally friendly dogs though a fit, growling and lunging at the door.

lau.gif
gig.gif
(for the post above)

To the OP: I hope your daughter finds a house to rent soon, that is just scary.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom