The median price of a single family home here is a million dollars (and it's usually really small) versus like $300,000 in Vegas. Plus my mom lives there and is getting up in her years; I'm an only child so it just made sense.
Wow, that's as bad as London.

Awww I'm sure your mum will love having you nearby. Can you keep the chickens at her house?

You might want to look at how your crow collar is fitted. I have been working with my young rooster for about a month before I finally figured out the fit and placement. Some of the videos say to put it high, some low, some that it does not matter. I suspect that it depends on the bird. One thing for sure, i had it far too loose. Partly that was because I was not arranging the feathers so they would be smooth under the collar. Once I found the perfect spot (for my roo about 3/4 down the neck) and smoothed the feathers and then put on the collar so I could barely stick my pinky just inside the collar, it worked perfectly. He's happy and hopping around, eating and doing all those roo things. He crows but it's very soft. I cannot hear it at all from inside the house.

what do you mean by "smoothing" the feathers? I thought you have to lift the feathers upward toward his head before slipping the collar on? 🤔

Scratch that I think I've nearly figured it out.. I adjusted the collars as much as I can based on what you've said and one of my roos did only whispering crows this morning.... well it was more like a screeching crow but with 10-fold less volume.. the other only did a cock-doo (as opposed to a cockle-doodle-doo).

Scratch that I think I've nearly figured it out.. I adjusted the collars as much as I can based on what you've said and one of my roos did only whispering crows this morning.... well it was more like a screeching crow but with 10-fold less volume.. the other only did a cock-doo (as opposed to a cockle-doodle-doo).
I tried a no crow collar on my rooster and he flipped out. He was doing somersaults and backing up ....I hadn't even tried to make it tight. I just put it loosly around his feathers. Never tried it again after that.

GrandContentHippopotamus-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom