December 2022 hatch-a-long

ff11l.PNG

Group shot.

13x.PNG

Above are the eggs again. Shipped eggs. The pink circled was not fertile. So I only started out with 14. The blue x started but quit. The Red checks, and the number is the order of hatched. 11/14 is 78.57%

I have hatched:
3 Ayam cemani
2 mosaics
2 blue isbars
2 Marans
1 cream legbar
1Golden deathlayer

Alrighty! So my first batch of the month has hatched yesterday, four splash silkies!

The six shipped eggs are day 20 and moved over to the hatcher today, with two internal pips. Honestly, if I get three out of the hatched eggs I'll be pretty happy, and if I got all six I'll be over the moon.

Of my remaining for the month, I have four due the 17th, three the 25th, and five under a broody hen due the 27th...

Attachments

• 20221211_121622.jpg
    20221211_121622.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 1
An update on my six shipped eggs - three out of six have hatched, with a fourth expected to hatch (currently internally pipped). The fifth did pip but was malpositioned and the chick died before I could intervene, and the sixth was an obvious late-quitter. It looks like I'll wind up with two black cuckoo, and two from the chocolate pen (one is the internal pip, and the one that has already hatched looks very mauve). They all have nice dark skin so far, which us what I need to improve my own Cuckoo project.

The four Splash that hatched yesterday have moved to the brooder, and are so fluffy and adorable!
20221212_114905.jpg
20221212_114940.jpg

Back
Top Bottom