Denagard Dosage

Pics
You state that Denagard is not approved in the US. Is that true that it is not approved??
In the USA it's approved for Swine, but not for chickens. So eat bacon and eggs for breakfast and part of it may have had Denagard administered approved by the FDA.

The reason it isn't approved for chickens here -- Although it is in Europe - and has been for 20-some years, is the cost of all the FDA testing. No one in the industry wants to foot the bill. It is reputedly the best medicine for respiratory problems. This information came to me from a vet associated with a reputable University.

If you take a look at the bottle in the USA it shows a pig on the bottle....

Here is a link to some European information sheets.

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/focus/contents/novartis/novartis_poultry1.pdf

You will notice the bottles for Europe have a chicken on ....

Last edited:
HAs anyone had success with a way to treat the water so that the chickens will drink it. They do not drink much of it because of the taste of Denagard and I saw that juice helped but I tried grape just and it did not help. Is there anyone with a good flavor combination that includes the mixture amount that has had success? Grape, orange, cranberry????? And how much

HAs anyone had success with a way to treat the water so that the chickens will drink it. They do not drink much of it because of the taste of Denagard and I saw that juice helped but I tried grape just and it did not help. Is there anyone with a good flavor combination that includes the mixture amount that has had success? Grape, orange, cranberry????? And how much
Hi dcoon1,

With nothing added, mine drank the water just fine. IMO some of the comments about the taste are VERY old, maybe check the dates on them..... It could be that the formula was changed. Or maybe chilorine + denagard tastes bad to them. Try just plain water -- (you can get a gallon bottle for about 89-cents I think without chilorine) -- and don't allow any other source of water -- see if they will drink it. You know chickens don't like things that they aren't used to -- so maybe adding strange juices is the turn-off not the denegard.

Good luck with it and welcome to BYC.

I have read this entire thread and, unless I missed it, all recommended dosages are in ml, liters, etc.

Most of us in the US use tsp or TBLS per Gallon. Why is it so difficult to put that in these posts?

On a side note, yes, I always have to refer to conversion charts and one of these days, I will write it on my bottle of Denagard. ROFL

I have read this entire thread and, unless I missed it, all recommended dosages are in ml, liters, etc.  

Most of us in the US use tsp or TBLS per Gallon.  Why is it so difficult to put that in these posts?  

On a side note, yes, I always have to refer to conversion charts and one of these days, I will write it on my bottle of Denagard.  ROFL

I wish that people in the US would start using ml instead of teaspoon and tablespoon. :D

-Kathy

I wish that people in the US would start using ml instead of teaspoon and tablespoon.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
Yeah, that would be ok if it were standard here in the US. I use child medicine cups for measuring medications in small amounts and they don't always have ml, or cc, or anything other than teaspoons in increments. Also, most measuring cups are standard US measures and when I am making a large batch of medications for the entire flock, it is easier to figure out per 5 gal. buckets.

Just wish in responses that maybe posting both ways would be helpful.

Quote: It's standard in the medical fields in the US. Buy anyway, errors can occur when converting one to the other and there is no graceful way to calculate the amount of something to teaspoons or tablespoons.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom