Dixie Chicks

Thanks for the offer... But even with loosing over 40 birds... I am still full up. :rolleyes:

Not sure how that happens. :idunno

I somehow managed to end up with one rosecomb dark brown male... He actually is looking pretty good... I love the Isabella color...but I REALLY don't need any more birds.....

I also have one dark brown pullet... And all of my old leghorn hens.
(Except for one single comb white, 4 or 5 years old that passed)

I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer... But even with loosing over 40 birds... I am still full up. :rolleyes:

Not sure how that happens. :idunno

I somehow managed to end up with one rosecomb dark brown male... He actually is looking pretty good... I love the Isabella color...but I REALLY don't need any more birds.....

I also have one dark brown pullet... And all of my old leghorn hens.
(Except for one single comb white, 4 or 5 years old that passed)

I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds, I will not get more birds.

::::SNORT;;;;;

well you did say you really wanted a good chocolate male...lol. I have so many roosters I don't know what I'm going to do with them. Should be interesting to see what the barred boys will turn in to.

Alaskan, I love the goats! They are awesome. I have read some of the predatory issues you were having. I had lost a few without realizing it due to the extra grow outs in the pen. Made it harder to watch to see if anyone is missing. I can send you brown and Isabel leghorn eggs if you want to try to replace some leghorns.

Of the three full chocolates, 2 are female and one is male. The little yellowish one with the wings growing in dark, I think is female also. (2nd pic above) Is she splash? And a black female I think. Can't decide which male(s) to keep.

Eta - I also lost one when I couldn't count them one evening, they were already all under the mommas, after i had let them out for a few hours. A couple days later, I noticed I was one short. No idea what happened to it.

Last edited:
Of the three full chocolates, 2 are female and one is male. The little yellowish one with the wings growing in dark, I think is female also. (2nd pic above) Is she splash? And a black female I think. Can't decide which male(s) to keep.

Eta - I also lost one when I couldn't count them one evening, they were already all under the mommas, after i had let them out for a few hours. A couple days later, I noticed I was one short. No idea what happened to it.
I thought you had one more than you said you had now but wasn't sure. Could be splash still but may be a really light mauve. I've gotten 2 splashes all year long, both pullets, only one pure. I had a splash Easter egger who laid green eggs in with the orpingtons trying to get some chocolate color bred into my Easter eggers and one of my splashes is very obviously hers as it has a big ole beard. Lmao.

Alaskan, I understand about being full up on birds. If you need to replace some, let me know .

We all always need more birds...last night something snatched my little blue copper marans cockerel:hit. I looked everywhere today and he was not on the roost tonight. Darn predators!

No, they aren't... they're extremely intelligent, strong, and vicious predators... that one ate 3 of my bantams before it had its last meal... :/

I saw a small possum in my chocolate pen a few nights ago. Set a trap and got the little devil before he got any of the babies. What good are coons or possums anyway? I mean even snakes have their good points. I dont know any good benefits of a coon or possum.

Back
Top Bottom