I sell hatching eggs, the quail pay the feed bill during laying season
cool.png

smile.png
I sell eggs to eat.
I sell hatching eggs.
I sell live birds
AND fresh (call in & I butcher for you)
& frozen birds.
If you keep your eye on the buisness you can show a profit .

Last edited:
I was just wondering because when I call NY DEC, I told them to send me the license to breed and sell instead of the one for person consumption. The license is 50 vs 10 dollars. Just trying to decide it it worth the extra forty dollar.

I sell eggs to eat.
I sell hatching eggs.
I sell live birds
AND fresh (call in & I butcher for you)
& frozen birds.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you charge?
Not much of a market here YET for these products, but I would like to figure out a reasonable starting point and then I can adjust for my area.​

Quote:
I understand this from a VDGIF standpoint. Does the ag dept here know what they are ? (coturnix)

In NY state it does matter, if you raise quail, pheasant,chukar,partridge you need a license

Quote:
I understand this from a VDGIF standpoint. Does the ag dept here know what they are ? (coturnix)

In NY state it does matter, if you raise quail, pheasant,chukar,partridge you need a license

In Va you also need a license for pheasant, chukar & partridge but not Coturnix. Coturnix Quail originate from Japan so they are not Native to Va.
The laws in other states will vary of course so it's best to check your local Game and Inland Fisheries Dept.

David

Quote:

In Va you also need a license for pheasant, chukar & partridge but not Coturnix. Coturnix Quail originate from Japan so they are not Native to Va.
The laws in other states will vary of course so it's best to check your local Game and Inland Fisheries Dept.

David

When I look on the DEC website, It didn't seem to exclude any specific type.
Here the link http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/25010.html

Back
Top Bottom