Dog chat!

Which of these dog breeds do do you prefer?

• Total voters
Pics
Hey Brianna,
I got a know, who bred this beautiful smoothie! what's his pedigree?!!
Just stunning, so lithe. Got a full body side view?
Karen

image.jpg
Holding his favorite toy, barking at a deer. Sorry this took so long to get, busy day...

Abriana,
somebody welsmere knows how to breed a collie. lovely white-collar tri-color. a bit High stationed, the hocks are a little bit long. but I tell you what ,the Symmetry in this dog is really Superior !
really really nice lines on this dog. it's so nice to see a lithe collie that doesn't have its hocks stretched out behind it like a silly German Shepherd. somebody knew what they are doing at this kennel. I can't wait to see the pedigree. " Lithe" is the first descriptive word in the collie Standard. Lithe and a keen mind are what collies are all about. it's what makes a collie able to do what it's historically supposed to do... and this dogs got it.
Best,
Karen

Hi Brianna, been hanging over at the wellsmere website. very interesting gene pool. it makes sense . Clearvu and Van-M often teamed up. I see the Abbey Hill in there. that one girl" Spurn Me Not "...the best dog in that pedigree believe it or not is Champion Valiant Dark Secret. I knew that dog. he died young , tragically hit by a car. he was the most stunning dog ,a tricolor rough . he was from the old Valiant gene pool before things got crazy. Excellent mover.
Wellsmere shows they understand their gene pool by testing for all the right things. The rears could be more collected under the dogs. Bit of stretching out going on there, but certainly fixable with a bit of breeding attention. That comes with lowering the hocks a bit so it fits better under the thigh instead of behind the thigh.
The collie Standard says 'hocks well let down". the reason for that is because the collie is supposed to have " a mile eating gait". it can Trot many miles.
dogs with a lower let down (shorter in length) hock are called "stayers". they can trot all day long.
dogs with a higher (longer) hock are called "goers". they can do really well with bursts of speed but they don't have the staying ability that the dog with a lower hock has. they're more of a a burst of speed dog with a longer hock.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
Hi all! Very adorable dogs. I have 3 dogs (and 3 cats).
Here is Griffin, hes a mini schnauzer.
View attachment 1089262
Here is Girly, also a mini schnauzer. Shes special, she is a puppy mill dog and has some fear issues with anything besides us.
View attachment 1089263
The schnauzers really prefer my boyfriend to me.

So this is my baby! Love of my life. Jack, he is 6 months old today and weighing in at 100lbs so far. His mother is a Great Dane and his father is an Irish Wolfhound, so I call him an Irish Dane!
View attachment 1089264 View attachment 1089265

They're all so beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom