Dog / Human Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
NICE!
Where's the pond?
I have to renew Micrsoft office first. Expired at midnight. LOL

Edit: I can actually dump image directly into post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pond is directly south of barn in image below. Dogs spend a lot of time between pond and southwest corner of barnyard perimeter barking at sheep and goat. That is probably so my dogs can't cut them off when they go sprinting out to confront them.

1643114970066.png

Last edited:
it is only cruel if you don't know what your doing. US Fish and Wildlife Services uses foot-hold traps all the time to catch coyotes, bob cats, wolves, and other animals.

anywayyyyy
you can also make a dog catch pole using PVC pipe and cable.
As the OP, I would not know what I am doing trying to trap dogs in that manner. Having working dogs of my own would complicate matters further.

Depending on states... some have leash laws and are to be restrained at all times ( kept on your own property, tied or penned. If they run free its the owners responsibility to keep them on their property!!!! Hopefully you have made complaints to neighbors and law enforcement in the past so there is a record of ongoing harassment and trespass well as damages/loss to your flock. As far as a civil suit, you are well into your rights to protect your property and livestock.
When I bought my house/land and was out working on it getting ready to move in, a neighbors dog actually wondered into the house from the opened garage and started growling/barking and me and the carpet installers... I am a ccw holder and throught I was going to have to defend everyone as I didnt know whose dog it was or its nature. It finally left.... but if it came down the wire, gotta do what you gotta do. Met the neighbors months later and found out it was their dog, we talked about the incident and all , it still comes around but it Hasnt bothered anyone or raised an alarm since, Guess I was just a strange new guy at the time. Hopefully your neighbors are understanding and will also take charge of their dogs as a responsible owner should.

Depending on states... some have leash laws and are to be restrained at all times ( kept on your own property, tied or penned. If they run free its the owners responsibility to keep them on their property!!!! Hopefully you have made complaints to neighbors and law enforcement in the past so there is a record of ongoing harassment and trespass well as damages/loss to your flock. As far as a civil suit, you are well into your rights to protect your property and livestock.
When I bought my house/land and was out working on it getting ready to move in, a neighbors dog actually wondered into the house from the opened garage and started growling/barking and me and the carpet installers... I am a ccw holder and throught I was going to have to defend everyone as I didnt know whose dog it was or its nature. It finally left.... but if it came down the wire, gotta do what you gotta do. Met the neighbors months later and found out it was their dog, we talked about the incident and all , it still comes around but it Hasnt bothered anyone or raised an alarm since, Guess I was just a strange new guy at the time. Hopefully your neighbors are understanding and will also take charge of their dogs as a responsible owner should.
That has all been addressed. I'm in Missouri like you, specifically Callaway County across the river from Jefferson City. Callaway County has lax laws on dogs.

Its fairly cheap to get a couple rolls of electric fence cord and run it along the side they enter, get one for a horse, after they hit that once or twice they will stop coming over Im sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom