Dog story w/ pic, HAPPY ENDING! and update

wegotchickens

DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies
12 Years
Jul 5, 2007
Sevier County, TN
hit.gif
Today I saw a dog curled up almost in the road. I thought it had been hit. Then it looked at me. So I stopped my car, opened my door and said, "Get in, buddy."

He did. He's at work with me. I borrowed a collar from upstairs and some rope from the shop. He's tied to my desk. He whines when I leave the room. He's smart and reasonably well-mannered. He's quite hungry and thirsty. No collar on him when I found him.

He's about 6 months old, black & tan mutt. Some shepard and maybe some chow or rottie to judge by his tongue (spotted). VERY friendly with all people so far.

I'll see if I get hold of a camera and get a picture. My DH has said I am NOT to bring this dog home. If I can't find a home by the end of day I'll have to take him to the animal shelter. I really hate that. He trusts me now. But better the shelter than the side of the road.

Last edited:
Hey, friend, make some calls & send out an e-mail. One of my GFs was in your situation & had 3 prospective families by 5p.m.
I wish you luck!
smile.png

Oh, that IS sad. I have a golden retriever/chow mix who is a very sweet little girl.

I'm sure you've already done this, but please e-mail your entire personal e-mail network and ask them to spread the word...ask them to e-mail THEIR networks...you may be able to find someone to foster this pup rather than put her in a shelter. I know, there's no guarantee, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for being such a kind person!

better a shelter than the side of the road is right. God bless you for being a good samaritan.

many would say, "i can't, i have my work clothes on. not in this car! it might bite me!"

all those things are good reasons to be careful, you don't know what a dog will do, but you were doing it from your heart and i hope all turns out well.

Is there anybody that can take him just for a while?

This happens every day - everywhere. Even though it's a very sad end, if it comes to that, it is kinder for them to be euthanized than left to starve or die of disease.

Poor little guy.
sad.png
He's lucky you picked him up! Good luck on finding him a home today. I'm sure there will be someone willing to take such a friendly puppy.
smile.png

I had already e-mailed everyone I could think of before I posted here. I just knew you would all understand how I was feeling. DH was such a good sport about me putting more eggs in the bator last night, and we're supposed to be having a romantic weekend. I really don't want to incite his wrath but he's very serious about no dogs.

A guy in the shop said we should name him 'Nobodies' for now. After a good breakfast, lots of water, and a walk, Nobodies is passed out behind my desk.

The picture doesn't do Nobodies justice, since he was a little confused about what we were doing. He's such a pretty baby. And still enough of a baby to squat, if you know what I mean
wink.png

Puppy_edited.jpg

I may have a foster home for a night or two. And I have a back-up plan that would upset hubby but be a compromise.

Wish us luck!!

Back
Top Bottom