dog was sick * A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!*

Thanks for the update. I hope that your baby will be ok. I will be checking back periodically to get an update.
hugs.gif

ther00ster'scr0w :

unfortunately her symptoms have worsened......

Her nose has begun to bleed and there seems to be bleeding from her gums...does anyone have any idea to what is happening??!

This sounds like rat poison, your dog will need some vitamin K shots ASAP

Hope she gets better, i have a pitty she's my first one
very impressive breed but i can see why they get a bad rap, very tenacious
big_smile.png

What a horrible time for this to happen. Fingers crossed for her.

My husband's dog got into rat poison before we were married. I think he ate a poisoned mouse. The vet had him feed Woodrow a lot of bacon grease to line his stomach and slow the absorption until he got there for the Vitamin K shots. Four years later Woodrow is very much with us.

Keep her quiet so she doesn't bleed easily by bumping into anything. Rat poisons that have an anticoagulant in it will cause bleeding form minor bumps and scratches. So no jumping and a nice cushy bed to sleep in for a few days and leash walk to go potty. I had to take Coumidin (anticoagulant) for a year after I got a blood clot after brain surgery. The darn clots in my lungs nearly killed me and was worse than the surgery.

Keep us posted!!
fl.gif

I'm so terribly sorry for the turn for the worse. Many of those poisons do not show symptoms for several days after being ingested. Do you know they can test for that poison? and along with supportive IV care in the hospital during the initial treatment, would normally also give pills for a few weeks after as standard treatment. No offense intended to anyone but if the treating person is only a practitioner and not a dvm, I would immediately change that situation, and if the current treating doc is a dvm I would change vets stat. My heart goes out to you and your pup. Hoping for the very best for her.

Unfortunately things aren't looking good
sad.png

Last night was one of the hardest nights ive ever been thru, as poor Nikki seemed miserable. She hasn't not eaten since yesterday morning and looks weak. She is still bleeding, and sounds like she is not getting any sleep because she has so much blood in her.

Hope for the best :] Thanks for your support and happy holidays. i will keep posting

Back
Top Bottom