Doing a Necropsy STARTING NOW (Smudge, Cornish X) Edit: Got histopathology results

2351EB67-78CA-4F35-A4F3-EAEC4F2A2033.jpeg

Yep, every picture was posted right after dissected.
I will. How much time would you say I have between now snd shipping? I may be able to get any supplies tomorrow, but not sure.
Your state lab's website says they prefer samples to be five days old or less.

Weeg tell them...
My chicken died and I would like to know why.
Keep it simple because the person you talk to is not going to be the person doing the testing. I would like to send you my bird for a necropsy. Where should I overnight the body?

Wait I’m confused. I didn’t think Mareks could be spread in an egg if no contact with an infected chicken happens. Can a hatching egg bring it into a flock?
I posted a thread about this exact question after I heard. If the egg came in contact with the flock, because Mareks spreads through dander, it’s the exposure on the shell of the egg that is a concern. None of the chicks actually hatched from the eggs, but me, not knowing my flock was at risk, didn’t practice perfect bio security after touching the eggs. So I could have gotten dander on my hands from handling them, then spread it to my flock.
😤 It would be my fault for not practicing bio security and trusting that this member was a responsible breeder, but it’s still so infuriating.

Back
Top Bottom