Duck cant break air sac and died

Hello Sofia, welcome to BYC! Can you post candling pictures of the remaining eggs? If the duckling has internally pipped, (broken the air cell) it should have enough air to last until it externally pips (breaks the outer shell), however sometimes(with muscovies especially) the duckling doesn't have enough air.

If the duckling internally pips, and then 24 hours pass without it managing to externally pip, you may need to make a 'safety hole) in the top of the egg.

Sorry if I missed it, but how long have the remaining eggs been incubated for.

Good luck with your eggs, I hope you manage to hatch some ducklings :)
Hello, from what I saw, it did not break the air chamber, I've seen it move trying to break it but never did. These are the photos of the other three eggs I have, but they take less time
886D337E-45CC-4FDB-9B68-35FD11290818.jpeg
54D2A68C-D164-4D85-BEC4-AF79514A74FF.jpeg
9217AA04-AE7F-436B-B422-AF9685D32593.jpeg

How long have those eggs been heated?

I’m sorry you lost the first one, but it is not advisable to get the eggs wet. They need quite a bit of humidity for the last 3 days, but do not wet the shell.
Thanks for the warning, I did not know that. these eggs have at least two weeks, I'm not 100% sure because I found them after a few days. So what is the best way to keep them moist?

Thanks for the warning, I did not know that. these eggs have at least two weeks, I'm not 100% sure because I found them after a few days. So what is the best way to keep them moist?

Does the box close completely? Muscovy will take about 35 days before they hatch, so if you don’t know the exact date, you will need to watch for the baby to almost completely fill the egg (except for the air cell). Also watch for how big the air cell grows. Below is a chart that estimates how big they should be at certain times along the way.

You can use a bowl of water for humidity when they get close to hatch day, but best to have a sponge in the bowl so the duckling can’t drown in the water. Use two or three if necessary to get the humidity high. Do you have a meter to measure it? It’s called a hygrometer.

Does the box close completely? Muscovy will take about 35 days before they hatch, so if you don’t know the exact date, you will need to watch for the baby to almost completely fill the egg (except for the air cell). Also watch for how big the air cell grows. Below is a chart that estimates how big they should be at certain times along the way.

You can use a bowl of water for humidity when they get close to hatch day, but best to have a sponge in the bowl so the duckling can’t drown in the water. Use two or three if necessary to get the humidity high. Do you have a meter to measure it? It’s called a hygrometer.
the bucket with water you only have to put it when it is about to hatch? I do not have a meter, but I plan to buy one since I have no other way to measure humidity and that is what worries me

the bucket with water you only have to put it when it is about to hatch? I do not have a meter, but I plan to buy one since I have no other way to measure humidity and that is what worries me

Correct, no water now is probably ok. But If the air cells look very large too soon, a single wet sponge should give enough humidity to slow them down a bit.

Is it humid outside where you live or is it very dry?

Back
Top Bottom