Ducks eating other ducks feather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.
Just read through this thread and then re-read it again.
The very first statement I see from the offended person is this one. View attachment 2904139
That reads to me as if the 8 percent scratch is what they were using as feed too. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
yes its called 8%, #8, or 8 way... now tell me how much protein is in 8 way scratch grain... I have said this before too but yall cant seem to read those comments. Just pull from PARTS you want to pull from ignoring the rest and getting WRONG (oh so wrong information) I never said the #8 scratch grain was 8% PROTEIN!!!!! and yall have such little class you KEEP attacking me for being tired of continuing to clarify this over and over and over again. Keep making assumption. Keep attacking me for what you dont know and ASSume. I had horses too... we feed sweet 12. What does the 12 mean it that? Does it mean protein like you all assumed in #8, 8%, 8 way scratch?

Thats fine shaw. Keep joking harrassing and attacking me for what you and others assumed. Ive alteady reported your names to the page. Hopefully they can do something about yall misunderstanding (which IS ok) then attacking people with said misunderstanding (which is not ok). I know I am getting more and more rude the more yall harrass me and Ive asked multiple times for it to stop. If you read EVERY comment then you cant deny seeing it. I asked because the more yall harrassed and attacked me, the more rude I became and didnt want to cuss you all out and get banned. So thanks for being such great and helpful people. Just breathe

I see your new here,
There's a button at the top of the thread where you can stop watching threads.
You can also go into your settings and disable email alerts.
In addition to that if you find a particular user to be annoying there is an ignore button as well.
šŸ¤— Here's a hug. Seems like you could use one.
Awe Ive now reported your username with others and NOW you want to act civil and be courteous. Sorry shaw. When you treat someone like crap for no reason your "courtesy" is null and void. Id offer some class but yall seem to enjoy provoking someone then getting mad they became rude.

Ask a mod to lock this thread, then it's over and done.
I wish I new how. I also wish more people had the class you did when apologizing for misunderstanding and not continuing to make harrassing statements. Tha k you very much for that.

The number 12 in a horse sweet feed means 12% protein.

No one is attacking you.

8% protein for ducks is not good enough.
No matter if it is a feed, a treat, or a scratch grain.
8% is not good enough.
Repeat after me... 8% protein is not good enough.

Neither is 12% protein.
Ok I did ask about horse feed because I know about horse feed. I dont know about ducks which is why I joined and asked about the feather eating. I didnt even know why they were eating feathers before reading up on here. Google couldnt answer. I said several times that their feed says 12% protein. I also said I give 8% treats to make up the difference of what Im reading is the 15% recommended protein for ducks. If I thought 12% was enough I wouldnt be giving them something extra with more protein in it.
and yes sarcastic remarks repeatedly and belittling comments especially with false info is attacking someone. Why would you follow me if Im so rude? I was rude. I was trying to be rude. I'd had and have had enough of the comments from people harrassing me about 8% protein and 12% protein not being enough and nore comments a lot more rude than that. I dont give them just 12% nor just 8%... I feel that I have tried cery hard to explain that multiple times but no one seems to get what "12% protein listed on their feed and 8% in their treats" meant. At this point I do t even care what anyone who has made off handed comments to me has to say.

Iā€™m sorry you feel that people have been rude to you but honestly Iā€™m sure they are just trying to help you and your birds and are not meaning to be. I know you love them but adding treats does not raise the protein or help. It just unbalances the feed. Treats should be no more than 10% of the diet and some donā€™t even feed them at all. Even this Purina duck feed is 19% and Flockraiser which a lot of people feed is 20%. Not sure where you got the 15 number but itā€™s not accurate and honestly it would be a lot better if you could just buy either of these balanced feeds rather than adding stuff. I havenā€™t read the whole thread so apologies if itā€™s already been said or if anyone upset you. ā¤ļø

https://www.purinamills.com/chicken-feed/products/detail/purina-duck-feed-pellets

https://www.purinamills.com/chicken-feed/products/detail/purina-flock-raiser-crumbles
its the nicest and most informative comment in a While ty

You're completely misunderstanding a couple of things.

The first being that 12% protein is not good enough.
By you offering them an 8% protein treat it dilutes the 12% protein feed

I'm going to try and explain things one at a time.

First do you understand what I just said above?
How does giving feed all the time and giving them treats on top dilute the protein?

If you are giving treats they are not filling up on the complete balanced feed.
They don't have enough room in their crop to eat the complete balanced feed because it is full of treats.

Does this make sense?

If you only fed the 12% protein feed and zero treats that would still not be good enough.
it does but they only get 2-4 pea sized balls a day OR 1 bag if peas (like 12 oz) split between all 5 in a whole day. I didnt think it would make that big of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom