Dud Eggs...Dog Food....Day 18 and Countin'

Shogun99

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Las Cruces, NM
So I'm on Day 19 now and I candled my eggs last night. There were 5 that I KNOW were duds, so thinking a little GREEN, I decided to crack them open and see what was inside. Nothing but yolk thankfully. Angus (the dog) got a real treat as he got to munch on 1 mixed breed egg and 4 banty eggs.... I'd rather had the chicks than given him a meal though.

I was thinking this morning...do you think it will make the dog sick since they were in the bator for 18 days? I know dogs have pretty resilient stomachs. He seems ok today...maybe a little gas, but generally ok!

Quote:
I usually throw mine away, because if I gave them to my dogs, they would eat them be outside all day and then puke in the bed right beside me in the middle of the night
sickbyc.gif

Of course that is a theory based on my dogs only and their previous behavior.....

Not sure , I don't think I would make a habit of doing it, could carry bacteria.

EWWWW on the gas, can you imagine the smell of that,,,,,, incubated egg farts
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Update on the Dog...he's doing fine. I gave him some yogurt and cottage cheese and the farts went away. He's a bulldog so he's always a little gassy, but you never know. The cottage cheese and Yogurt always helps when he gets OVERTLY flatulent.

Back
Top Bottom