Dumbing down of America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
What's really funny isn't even the misspelling as much as the irony that the sentence is about being beyond hope! Clearly!
tongue.png

And that is why it's my favorite!

Okay, well I don't mean to get side tracked from the OP's post, but since we are talking about photographing absurd signs, I just HAD to share this one. Has nothing to do with grammar or misspelling though. I was at an RV campground in Florida and this is the sign at the restrooms. Talk about bad sign placement!! I seriously couldn't believe my eyes and sent this pic to everyone I know, lol.
lau.gif

53008_campground_sign.jpg

Now, how about the "to, too, two" problem...

Or as mentioned the "they're, their, there"

and how about "no, know, now"

Sometimes I just wanna reach through the screen and SLAP the buttons off people!

No how and no way am I perfect in this, but I SEEEEEE it all!! My eyes won't let me UNSEE it after I dun saw it!!! LMAO!!

Here's one of my favorite pet peeves..... "Did you unthaw something for dinner?"
somad.gif
rant.gif

Misspellings & grammatical errors are common, & some are even incorporated into regular lexicons...much like the word "normalcy"...
big_smile.png
Hell, US English is a bastardization of the Queen's English used in proper circles within England...they are not even allowed to use contractions...One billion is worded "Thousand Millions" & Trillions is "Billion Millions"
big_smile.png

Edited to remove flaming. Please stay on topic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unthaw, that is funny. An old roommate of mine would say about something that's been in the freezer too long "You can't eat that, it's all 'frozer-burned'. FROZER BURNED? And then there's Vanilla folders for your documents.... And one thing I've never really heard anyone mention but bugs me is when people write "Yeah", meaning "Yay". My friend does that all the time and it really annoys me, petty as it is.

Quote:
I kind of have a pet peeve on spelling. I did read a thread today with lots of misspellings that made it hard to read. Puncuation I am not that good at myself, but when not putting a question mark at the end of something or a few periods can be a bit confusing too
roll.png

I have recently friended someone, a classmate from highschool, never really knew her though. But she posts statuses through her phone and they are annoying...its a mix of caps with small 'i's, I'm guessing when she write "Mii" she means "me" but idk ...I can't even read them. Most classmates I friended post through phones and some have very bad spelling - although I guess it could be using T-9, but still LOOK at what you write! I am not very fond of sentences with numbers in them either, unless your saying you only have that number of objects or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom