Early February 2016 Hatch - Who's In?

At least yours was a present! I told my DH that the yellow thing on the counter "mysteriously" showed up on the front porch... he just rolled his eyes. He felt better about it after I let him know that it could only hold 7 eggs at a time.

I just set my very FIRST eggs today! I am so excited but cautiously hopeful. They were shipped so it could be iffy. I'm trying 4 Super Blue Egg Layers that I got from My Pet Chicken. I'm planning a second hatch of some Mille Fleur/Calico Cochins the first week or so of February. I've been stalking the BYC forums for a while but now I'm ready to jump in and chat! Last year I did day old chicks but this year I invested in a Brinsea Mini Advance, hoping it would make things easy on me. We shall see! 

Welcome aboard! I was waiting on an MPC shipment this week but never got notice it had shipped. Hoping to receive it by next week but they can't seem to give me a straight answer of when it will ship.

I am also doing my first hatch. Just put in six of my own mixed (Polish Rooster mixed with three othe varieties) to test things out and get things going. I am probably adding 2-3 Trader Joe eggs on Friday.

Cochin eggs are resting. I ordered a dozen - 15 were sent - 4 were broken... so 11 will be set tomorrow morning.
One is odd shaped and I can't tell which is the large end
idunno.gif
so I put that in the notes.

Welcome aboard! I was waiting on an MPC shipment this week but never got notice it had shipped. Hoping to receive it by next week but they can't seem to give me a straight answer of when it will ship.

I am also doing my first hatch. Just put in six of my own mixed (Polish Rooster mixed with three othe varieties) to test things out and get things going. I am probably adding 2-3 Trader Joe eggs on Friday.
That would drive me nuts- not knowing! I had already done an order with MPC to ship the first week of February, and then last minute I ordered this current batch... and then I kept waiting on a shipping notice. Finally, I e-mailed them and frantically explained that I had a very short window between hatches before my second order was going to show up, it was my first time doing eggs, that my incubator was tiny, etc., and then I finally got a response from them and they shipped when they told me they would. They probably just wanted me to leave them alone...

Maybe you need to play the crazy chicken lady card? Just an idea- it worked for me!
hu.gif

Eggs are set... I measured the odd egg and set the "big" end up.
fl.gif

Let the count down begin!!
yippiechickie.gif

Here is where I always get confused - since they are set so early in the day, is today day one or tomorrow?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom