Easy to peel FRESH LAID hard boiled eggs!

Thanks, Old Philosopher, for your comments about steaming pullet eggs. Yes, your newbie hen eggs (if they aren't breeds that lay XXL eggs) are likely close to the size of my bantam eggs (who lay rather large eggs for their diminutive size). I was very busy today, so no time to experiment with steaming. Tomorrow, I will try steaming up a batch for 15 minutes. Appreciate your suggestions for time. Now...if only the freshest ones peel...too. May have a bunch of uggly pickled eggs?

i didn't steam them, just used my previously posted way on some quail eggs straight out of the hens today
............Now...if only the freshest ones peel...too. May have a bunch of uggly pickled eggs?

i didn't steam them as i had no idea on time frame so i used my previously posted procedure on quail eggs straight out of the hens today for pickled eggs, added to boiling water for 5 min, into an ice bath for 5 min and 45 min later i had 125 perfectly pealed eggs ready for the brine eggs!!

Thanks, JetCat. Now I'm thrown in a quandary over which method to use. If I have enough time tomorrow, I will use BOTH methods simultaneously, out of curiosity (I might learn something in the process too?). I can fairly equally divide the eggs based on their freshness. This should be fun to try. I am also guessing that I might have to boil my bantam eggs for 10 to 15 minutes as they are about 3X (?) the size of quail eggs. Everything is a guess at this point, for moi (HotDC).

JetCat....that was a LOT of egg peeling!!

Has anyone tried blowing boiled eggs out of the shells? There are a couple videos on You Tube showing the procedure. Doesn't look very sanitary t'me, but acidic brining, or heating, should destroy possible pathogens?

Doesn't look very sanitary t'me, but acidic brining, or heating, should destroy possible pathogens?
I don't feed my food to anyone else but myself, but it creeps me out spraying spit or mouth air all over everything. Maybe I'll give it a try for an egg I'm going to eat immediately, but I can't come at breathing all over food for later consumption, brine or no brine.

It even creeps me out on tv when tv chefs have their hands in the food all the time.

Thanks, potato chip and Old Philosopher for the comments about "boiled-egg blowing". I DO agree that the procedure is a psychological turn-off.

But the public who eats within restaurants, tries to believe in some form of hygiene among personnel/cooks? Fast-food joints are often required to don steamy latex gloves possibly for a very good reason, given levels of no-cleanliness by a few employees? We have pretty much travelled the globe in past years, and have never gotten sick, except in Mexico. Throw the rules out the door in Mexico?. Some people do have better immune systems than others? The world scenario isn't just Mexico. The real picture may be whether we have an immune system capable of dealing with "new/outside bugs"?

Food has been largely prepared by (uncovered) HANDS since the beginning of time. You may have to possibly remain within "your village" to be immune to "new" pathogens.

It will be interesting to see the "other forum" discussion, Old Philosopher. Again...left curious.

Thanks, JetCat for clarifying that the eggs in your post were quail, not bantam eggs. I will increase the length of boiling.

I don't want the "green/grey ring" around the yolks, reflected by over-boiled eggs. I am a bit confused about the words, "...any size chicken egg". Apples and Oranges? I would still prefer that my boiled eggs didn't have a dark ring around the yolks after cooking. That is a turn off for me. For me/us, we also taste that over-cooked eggs are "sulfurous". Am I/we alone?

Back
Top Bottom