EcoGlow reviews??

Quote:
The original model was 4 watts less and did not put out enough radiant heat. The underside on those models is silver. Brinsea listened to their customers complaints and increased the wattage from 14 to 18 and the revamped model puts out 10x the radiant heat.

Customers were invited to send their old ones to Brinsea to exchange for the newer version (which is black on the underside). The new version is getting rave reviews.

How many manufacturers do you know that would be that responsive to customers' input?

Brinsea has my vote.

My model that I just received is a 14w. I just tt Brinsea. The problems were only in the UK - different model, different standards. They are coming out withe a larger model in April that can handle more chicks. That model will be 18w but chicks are Fine With the smaller 14w model. (black underside)

Last edited:
4kids*2dogs :

My model that I just received is a 14w. I just tt Brinsea. The problems were only in the UK - different model, different standards. They are coming out withe a larger model in April that can handle more chicks. That model will be 18w but chicks are Fine With the smaller 14w model. (black underside)

Oh, boy! A larger EcoGlow! That means we can brood even more chicks!!!
wee.gif

I am off grid too, and this sounds like exactly what I need! First peeps coming in 2 1/2 weeks! I was worried about trying to either heat them with hot water bottles all the time or running my generator (which I hate to do!) to fuel a wasteful incandescent bulb! 14 watts (or 18), I can handle. Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Quote:
I have done the hot water bottle thing for a couple broods. I surrounded the brooder/tote completely with an arctic-style down sleeping bag at night, too, to keep the heat in. This has worked wonderfully for me...a little labor-intensive but no losses!

I'm planning on using mine for swaps also. I have an inverter (I think that's what DH calls it) that plugs into the cigarette lighter of my suv, a regular plug fits in the other side. I figure a box on the seat with the ecoglow plugged in should keep them warm. I let you know if I kill my battery!
lau.gif

I'm loving my new eco-glow so far. I have some two week old chicks who are still squeezing under it at it's lowest setting just fine. But it took them awhile to figure it out. Here's my question though... now that they're starting to roost on top of it, how do I clean it off???

Back
Top Bottom