EE pullet or roo - 5-6 weeks old

Eeubank928

In the Brooder
May 18, 2022
I have my second round of chicks, and I’m suspecting that one of my EEs is a roo. They were all apparently sexed. But so was the last bunch, and one of my Orloffs ended up being a roo and I was able to figure it out relatively quickly.

Anyways! I have 1 buff Orpington and 2 EEs (one white and grey, and one black and white). I suspect the g/w EE is a roo. It acts a little more aggressively to the other chicks, but idk if that’s because it’s just trying to become top lady…. Legs are the same thickness on both EEs, and both are the same size. They’re between 5-6 weeks old. Any help would be appreciated. I also know it’s more than likely too early to make a definitive answer. But I’m not allowed roosters in my area, and what to make sure I have a course of action ready if I need to rehome it.

Photos of the g/w in question
IMG_2104.jpeg
IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_2106.jpeg
IMG_2108.jpeg

And here are the other two just because ☺️
IMG_2113.jpeg
IMG_2115.jpeg
IMG_2111.jpeg
IMG_2110.jpeg

The comb looks fine for a pullet so far, but the splotchy coloring is an indication that it could well be a cockerel. But I think you should wait a couple of weeks before deciding as it would be a shame to accidentally give away a pullet.

The comb looks fine for a pullet so far, but the splotchy coloring is an indication that it could well be a cockerel. But I think you should wait a couple of weeks before deciding as it would be a shame to accidentally give away a pullet.
I was thinking that too. But I have an adult hen EE that is also g/w and she started out the same way, blotchy.

Last edited:
Looks very similar to one of mine right now …

Attachments

• IMG_7552.png
    IMG_7552.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7553.png
    IMG_7553.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7551.png
    IMG_7551.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom