egg bound or sick hen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by joycey, Nov 16, 2009.

1. joycey

joycey New Egg

Nov 16, 2009
    she was fine this morning. When I got home from work I found her on the floor, we pick her up but her legs wouldn't support her. thought she broke a leg but their seem fine. Brought her into the house, just laying down and lifeless. I move her cause she keeps on laying in her water and she just lay there.

Not sure what is wrong, or what I should do or what to feed her. [​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Im so sorry-have you looked for bite or fighting wounds? how does her crop feel? have you looked in and felt her vent? how is her breathing?

3. joycey

joycey New Egg

Nov 16, 2009
    no wounds on her, normal breathing, not panting. Have not felt her crop or vent. What should I be looking for?

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:a vent that looks plugged up like a stuck egg-eggbound??? broken egg in vent-dripping of egg parts and pieces- or the crop being rock solid or full of water? sometimes they alot of what they shouldnt and gets plugged up and stuck in the crop and cant process it-or another type of clog down further where they can drink but thats about it and their crop egts full of water or air or bloat-

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by