Egg food safety, food poisoning

Thanks for your replies everyone! Makes me feel a lot better. My neighbor is an elderly woman, so I felt bad when she told me and a little upset because she’s gone around telling all the rest of my neighbors that she had a reaction to my eggs. Her doctor told her to not eat my eggs anymore, and gave her an antibiotic which doesn’t make any sense at all when it comes to an anaphylactic reaction or an infection… very strange! I’ve been reading more and hives can pop up for a variety of reasons, so I’m going to say it was probably something else and just so happened to coincide with her eating the eggs. 🤷‍♀️ Oh well! I guess I just won’t be selling eggs to my neighbors!

I agree. I know people who have been given antibiotics after a severe allergic reaction but I’ve never heard of a good reason why and it seems to be getting less common.
They used to give antibiotics out like candy, it’s becoming less common with younger doctors because it’s causing mutant strains of bacteria that are immune to antibiotics! Scary stuff

Her doctor told her to not eat my eggs anymore, and gave her an antibiotic which doesn’t make any sense at all when it comes to an anaphylactic reaction or an infection… very strange!
When you go to the doctor (or vet or any professional) they feel obliged to do something even if it is only to put your mind to rest. If you told everybody that you went to the doctor and he didn;t do anything then it would hurt the doctor's business. People will be people.

Back
Top Bottom