When did your chicken start to lay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My flock started with barred rock laying at 16 weeks exact, and followed RIR, leghorns, buff Orpington, EEs and cuckoo maran, but still three EEs have not laid yet. Here are their eggs( missing the Orpington’s - she was in brooding at the time)

Attachments

• 305D58C3-3534-48F7-A91A-90837D30440D.jpeg
    305D58C3-3534-48F7-A91A-90837D30440D.jpeg
    671 KB · Views: 3
:frowHi everyone! I've created a poll on when your pullets first come into lay. Thanks for clicking on it and please enter!!!:D:fl I will be posting results in 20 days so please come back then and check to see results:) Now one more thing before you begin: after you post your answer you MUST comment and say what breed of chicken it was. Ready? :highfive: Let's begin!

I have ISA Browns. They have a personality all their own. Love my ladies!!

I have some Opal Legbars that are THIRTY EIGHT WEEKS and haven’t started. :old Get with it ladies!!!

I have 3 pullets - not sure what they are other than possibly part black langshan - at 35 weeks and *maybe* one egg a week ago. It was on the poop board and I saw one of them laying there the night before (on the camera). The older girls all basically use the same nest box, so don't think it was from any of them.

I have 3 pullets - not sure what they are other than possibly part black langshan - at 35 weeks and *maybe* one egg a week ago. It was on the poop board and I saw one of them laying there the night before (on the camera). The older girls all basically use the same nest box, so don't think it was from any of them.
Whew I’m not alone.

one of my August hatches started laying yesterday, and I looked at my Opals (from April) and shook a fist at them. They just ate some more. :lau

First of 12 Barnyard Surprises laid at 19 weeks. Others followed shortly.
Roosters is a Barnyard mix and the first to lay was a Production Black cross.
By 28 weeks, I was getting 9 eggs a day for 13 pullets.

5 Production Black or Australorp crosses
4 Dominique looking crosses
3 Production Red crosses
Cool thanks 4 voting!

Back
Top Bottom