Emergency!!!! Need help diagnosing sick chicken!!!

The injectable Tylan50 can be given orally, as well as, by injection in case you didn't know.
What dosage are you giving her?

Drinking is good, but see if she will eat some of her normal feed. You can make it into a wet mash and offer some chopped egg or tuna to entice her.

If she is drinking a lot, then check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

Keep us posted.
About 80 cc (which is the recommended dosage I believe) and I'll be sure to do that! Also we've been keeping watch of her crop, it seems normal for now

Thanks for the advice! Ill be sure to update you guys on her condition!

About 80 cc (which is the recommended dosage I believe) and I'll be sure to do that! Also we've been keeping watch of her crop, it seems normal for now
Thanks for the advice! Ill be sure to update you guys on her condition!

I am assuming that is .80cc ? That would be .20cc per 1lb. of weight, so your girl weighs about 4lbs. right?

Do the best you can keeping her going - I hope she recovers soon. Keep us posted.

I am assuming that is .80cc ? That would be .20cc per 1lb. of weight, so your girl weighs about 4lbs. right?

Do the best you can keeping her going - I hope she recovers soon. Keep us posted.
About 4Ibs yes.
Yesterday she had her last shot. She's been eating normally and drinking lots, seems better so far. But now she seems...depressed? She hides a lot and puts her head down. Im assuming maybe because she's been away from the other chickens? How long should I wait til I put her back? Should I put her back?

About 4Ibs yes.
Yesterday she had her last shot. She's been eating normally and drinking lots, seems better so far. But now she seems...depressed? She hides a lot and puts her head down. Im assuming maybe because she's been away from the other chickens? How long should I wait til I put her back? Should I put her back?
Can she stand/walk on her own well. Is she strong enough to defend herself if need be?

The hiding and putting her head down is a bit concerning - offer her some poultry vitamins that contain vitamin E, B1 and selenium along with a little yogurt/probiotics to help give her a boost.

If you feel she is healthy enough to rejoin the flock, you will want to start an integration process. Caging or kenneling her beside the flock or inside the run is a great way to do this - this allows everyone to see her, but not pick on her. This will also allow you to monitor her progress to see if she is truly ready to be back with the others. If she continues to hide and keep her head down, even when she's near the flock, then she still needs extra care.
Here's a good article about integration: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/introducing-a-single-hen-to-an-existing-flock

Can she stand/walk on her own well. Is she strong enough to defend herself if need be?

The hiding and putting her head down is a bit concerning - offer her some poultry vitamins that contain vitamin E, B1 and selenium along with a little yogurt/probiotics to help give her a boost.

If you feel she is healthy enough to rejoin the flock, you will want to start an integration process. Caging or kenneling her beside the flock or inside the run is a great way to do this - this allows everyone to see her, but not pick on her. This will also allow you to monitor her progress to see if she is truly ready to be back with the others. If she continues to hide and keep her head down, even when she's near the flock, then she still needs extra care.
Here's a good article about integration: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/introducing-a-single-hen-to-an-existing-flock
She can stand and walk around fine. I'm assuming the way she's acting is because she's depressed and lonely, wanting to get back in the coop with the others. We let her roam for a bit earlier and she was by their coop and they all gathered around there clucking together, so perhaps that might be the case.

She does seem well, so tomorrow we might just put her back with the other hens and watch how they treat her and how she'll act.

She's been with most of the chickens in the coop and has been raised with them since they were all chicks, so she is very very close with them and they are also very very close with her.

Even is she was raised with them - she was removed from the flock. Keep watch - they may readily accept her back, but sometimes there can be pecking/aggression.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow - let me know what happens:)

Even is she was raised with them - she was removed from the flock. Keep watch - they may readily accept her back, but sometimes there can be pecking/aggression.

Ah, I'll keep good watch for any hostility! Thanks for all the advice and tips you've given me so far! I'll be sure to tell you how it goes tomorrow

Today, so today we let her out to roam along with most of the coop to do their daily pecking and scratching. She came across the Americuana and it tried to attack her so we separated the two. While putting her back, I noticed she has some sores on her beak? Like little patches that came off on her beak (thats the best I can describe it) and a litter water/doscharge from the eyes, but nothing too severe.

Do you have photos of the sores?

Stress can cause a relapse in respiratory illness, so keep watch on her - if she worsens, then she may need more time to recover.
Tried getting a good shot, but this was the best I could get. Its the little patch looking thing between where her comb and nostril meets. And Im afraid she had a relaspe, it seems that her comb is getting pale again. But Im willing to give her the care she needs!

Attachments

• 20171021_124601.jpg
    20171021_124601.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom