Expectant parent club! Where the pregnant people hang out.

Hello all! OUR BABY IS HERE!!! He came a bit early but just in time before I went insane!
Montgomery Laurent was born on 2/24/12 at 7:34am. Even though I would have bet my life on a 15 pounder as he was coming out, he clocked in at 6lb 15oz, and 19 inches long. We have been home and doing well since Sunday morning! I will fill in the details when get I another moment, I have to shower while I have the chance :) The basics are, fast labor and a natural birth. We are both very healthy!

I think it's awesome that you want your baby to have breastmilk! I'm in NC and there is a milk bank in Raliegh. There is a very supportive group here that has/is donating to help a few mamas out. If there are any midwives or natural birth groups in your area I'd bet they would know the direction to send you. Good luck!

Hello all! OUR BABY IS HERE!!! He came a bit early but just in time before I went insane!
Montgomery Laurent was born on 2/24/12 at 7:34am. Even though I would have bet my life on a 15 pounder as he was coming out, he clocked in at 6lb 15oz, and 19 inches long. We have been home and doing well since Sunday morning! I will fill in the details when get I another moment, I have to shower while I have the chance :) The basics are, fast labor and a natural birth. We are both very healthy!

Oh my gosh!!! Yay! CONGRATULATIONS! I have been waiting and watching... Woohoo! I am so glad everything went well for both of you and that your both at home all happy and healthy.

Welcome to the world, Montgomery!
big_smile.png
Love to see a picture of the little guy! Glad it went so well!

My sister just sent me a link for a new site that is starting sometime in early March called Keeko.
It looks a lot like zulily, with sales every day for maternity and baby things and clothes.

I think it's awesome that you want your baby to have breastmilk! I'm in NC and there is a milk bank in Raliegh. There is a very supportive group here that has/is donating to help a few mamas out. If there are any midwives or natural birth groups in your area I'd bet they would know the direction to send you. Good luck!

Thanks! I contacted the milk bank and they are so short of milk that they are saving it for preemies and emergencies. Which I totally get of course! I am going to do some more research around Winston Salem and see what I can find.

Back
Top Bottom