Expecting chicks * and their here with Pics

Caddy-Corner-Chick

Songster
9 Years
Jan 21, 2011
Hernando, FL
Well Tomorrow should be the day I get the call from the post office to pick up my babies and I am soooooo excited. This is my first order from Ideal or ordering from a hatchery. I normally would buy from the feed store or a local person. Well my only fret is that I did not receive an email from Ideal stating that my babies were shipped. I called them and confirmed they did indeed ship my babies out yesterday ... she told me I would receive an email that evening, which I didn't but I still have high hopes everything is fine and the babies are on the way tomorrow.
I was dreaming about picking them up last night..lol
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Congratulations on the soon arriving new chicks!

Check your spam folder, the email may have gone there. Also check to make sure you gave them the right email address, ordering chicks could make one nervous!
big_smile.png

Now, get the brooder all set up! Then chew your nails up to your elbows, call the P.O. every 15 minutes to make sure they ALL know to call you and have the correct number, pace the house, check the brooder setup again, add the fourth thermometer..... you get my drift.

jumpy.gif

yuckyuck.gif
Are you spying on me???

I set up the complete set up last night, been checking my emails every 10 mins, called the post office already twice the past couple days.. but a total of 3 times all together.
I am pacing in anticipation right now... Can't wait to see my babies.

Hmm interesting, i'm pretty sure Ideal ships on Tuesday and Wednesday, and depending on where you are you could receive them Wed-Fri. I don't think I've heard of any Ideal shipments on Monday? Maybe I'm wrong, but I would assume they are being shipped today and you may get them tomorrow or Thursday. Either way, GL with your new babies and be sure to post pics!!

I actually had some ship out Monday last week. I got an email Sunday evening. My email did go to my Spam folder though...

Have fun with your babies! I'm expecting another shipment to ship out tomorrow, so I have been checking my email all morning, just hoping that they ship out today! LOL!

From Ideal's website:

SHIPPING DATES: During the months of February through May, IDEAL will be shipping poultry Sunday through Wednesday. IDEAL hatches 52 weeks each year and most shipments will be made on Tuesday and Wednesday during the remaining months.

I'd trust the person you spoke with at Ideal that they shipped yesterday.

So exciting!​

Back
Top Bottom