Experience with shipping pigeons?

DottyHen1

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2021
Hello I am looking to maybe buy some breeding pairs of pigeons for an outdoor free range flock. Has anyone had any issues with shipping live pigeons? Anyone bought from Strombergs and is it reliable? Not many breeders in my state close to me and I was wondering if shipping is a safe alternative. I just don’t want dead birds in the mail… Thanks!

I have never done mail orders for live birds. I have heard good things about them. With all live shipments there can be death. I worked for the post office and we do do our best with getting them through fast and as safe as we can. Good luck

I was wondering if shipping is a safe alternative.
Stromberg has expensive pigeons,,, that are probably pricier than what you may be looking for. You want a free-range flock. Of course if money is no concern ,,,, then Strombergs is just fine. :thumbsup
Don't know your location, but keep looking closer to home,, where you can get pigeons, that you deliver home yourself.
Consider rescued ferals as a possibility as well. They are rescued due to many factors. Those you first get may not be good flyers, but possibly good breeders.
Consider Craig's list postings closest to you. I would avoid Craig's list postings from far locations, that would ship to you. Too many scams that way. Only consider Craig's if you can drive over there.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

A lot of pigeon breeders don’t advertise their birds much if at all so it can be tricky to find them, there’s probably lots more pigeon people in your area than it seems.
Somebody asked about Strombergs a few months back, I’ll try to find the thread. I remember that in the end they were satisfied with the birds they got but they didn’t look quite like the pictures on the website. I second Craigslist as your best option if you’re not looking to buy very expensive birds, there may be Facebook groups in your area for pigeons.

I’ve had pigeons shipped in the past with no issues but one breeder I spoke to a few weeks back was reluctant to ship at this time due to the holidays and the general disruptions to the shipping industry that are occurring right now.

I’ve had pigeons shipped in the past with no issues but one breeder I spoke to a few weeks back was reluctant to ship at this time due to the holidays and the general disruptions to the shipping industry that are occurring right now.
This is very true... except that shipping has been a nightmare this entire year (not just with birds... everything). It's kind of like rolling the dice now... you might get lucky, you might not...

Back
Top Bottom